Yamaha SG 1820 body isn't made in Japan

trembesi

Reaction score
FYI that Yamaha SG body aren't made from Japan,I'm Indonesian btw,and here's the proof
IMG_4633.JPG
IMG_4634.JPG
IMG_4631.jpg IMG_4632.jpg IMG_4630.jpg
bukalapak are Indonesian ebay like,the seller are out of town and I had to get on a train to him,and before I go to see that body I've already tried a new one from the biggest music store in my city,and the specs,finish,all of them are exactly the same,and the seller had maybe at least four or five bodies to sell and Rp.2.000.000 (Indonesian Currency) are about $142 LOL,from that I will never buy new Yamaha SG cause their body was made in Indonesia,ESP doing this with their Edwards,and I've heard from friends that work at Cort guitar that now are making PRS SE MII,he tells me that a korean ESP LTD are made from here's too,whaaaattttt!!!!

Last edited:

smk506

Reaction score
I’m not sure what the pics are proof of but maybe there’s a bit of confusion here. ESP/Ltd have made guitars in Indonesia for a long time now, I have one from the early 2000’s and it says so on the head stock.

Lots of companies use different factories at different times and sometime even at the same time, and that’s a business practice not limited to just guitars either.

I hadn’t heard about Edwards being made there but I suppose it’s possible, especially these days.

As to the quality of the Indonesian guitars I’ve played, they’ve mostly been just fine, nothing to really worry about quality wise. Mine is almost 20 years old and has belonged to my brother, one of his friends who used it pretty heavily for a few years and now mine. It still plays great and it’s just an all around killer guitar.

JohnnyN

Just another old geezer
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with a guitar because it's made in Indonesia.
Jack Pearson have and Indonesian made Strat and he likes it!

m5570

Reaction score
I think his point is you pay a premium for MIJ guitars & that Yamaha is a high end guitar as well, so yr paying a lot o moolah for a high end MIJ guitar that’s actually made in Indonesia.

brokentoeswalker

Reaction score
lol pretty sure thats a Namaha just like there are Chibson/Gibsons. I have a Yamaha Revstar thats Made in Indo. It's a real fine guitar. I have nothing against Made In Indo guitars. The Yamaha SG1820's were made in the Yamaha Custom Shop as far as i know and I have no reason to doubt that. Now i do doubt the authenticity of that one the OP is showing. It doesn't look like the part beyond the shape.

trembesi

Reaction score
Lol this pretty sure doesn't look like namaha to me
B00A70A9-523F-47EF-B45F-EA8E629C7A46.jpeg

and the price only $16,you dont know bout Indonesian guitar factory,there's so many Dominic Toretto inside

Latest Threads