Y'all Ready for Thanksgiving?

scott1970

Reaction score
I get to be home with the family this year which is a nice change of pace from so many in the past.

Gonna hang out and do nothing tomorrow beyond prepping the smoker and watching for the brown truck to arrive with a NGD package.

Thursday will be gluttony with a goal of acquiring the beetis.

Attachments

fry

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Looking very forward to it. I should be done early Wed, rolling into a 5 day weekend. Making the 2 hour trip home to see the parents and in-laws, relax and have some great food. Life is good...

Caleb

Reaction score
I guess. You know something that's kind of screwed up? Nobody that I know in real life actually does anything for Thanksgiving. Or Christmas, Fourth of July, etc for that matter. It's true that most of my acquaintances are pretty feral, so I kind of get that, and my family across the country stopped inquiring about my plans years ago. I never really cared at all about stuff like this before, but I guess I'm finally getting to the point in my life where I think it would be nice to actually celebrate these things, at least a little.

Pete M

Reaction score
I am. I've been invited to my first Thanksgiving dinner. I have no clue what it's about or what to expect. Any tips? You guys cancelled Christmas or something right, so then thanksgiving is where the turkey's at?

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
Family coming down from Dallas, turkey at Mom's and I've got no cooking or messy kitchen to deal with. I work the early morning, off at one PM. Plenty of time for eats and football ... yawn ...

dennis g

Reaction score
Prime rib roast, au jus, garlic mashed potatoes, grilled asparagus, dinner rolls, apple pie and NO relatives. Only the Mrs. daughter down from LA for the holiday. Champagne and wine for all. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Malikon

말억건
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
gonna spend like 2 days in Western MD locked in a house with family and trying not to kill each other.

Not really looking forward to it. Holidays is an excuse for people to drink and act stupid, which is boring as sht if you're not into that stuff.

Happy New Guitar Day, Scott. Hope it's a cool one.

Pete M

Reaction score
I'm kinda dreading Christmas. I ain't getting any presents. The wife is insisting I cook my world renowned Roast Turkey Dinner again for the big day, with all the trimmings. Which I must have had at least two failed attempts at now on Christmas day 2016 and 2015. Maybe 2014 but who can remember that far back anyway? ...and who needs practice! It never stopped me on guitar and it sure as hell won't stop me burning stuff and making a big mess then getting drunk and probably puking up a mixture of quality streets, turkey and Xmas pudding with custard. It'll be 40 degrees C outside and the middle of summer. Plus our new oven's thermostat is broken so the temperature just keeps going up & up & up. I can't even burn a sausage roll in it correctly. So it's going to be fun. May need a fire extinguisher on hand.

Mr. Pickles

Mr. Pickles loves you. Mwah! ♥
Reaction score
15 lb. turkey, sausage stuffing, lots of veggies, smashed potatoes, AND PIE!!!
AND GRAVY!!
And a bottle of red.

Also cranberries and dill pickle minis. :yesway:

Last edited:

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
After so many years in SoCal with my family elsewhere, I really enjoy the holidays with them, even the roadturds.

mdubya

Reaction score
Meh.

I tried to do the right thing and bring sides of the family that don't get along together on neutral ground. One side still bailed and now I am stuck with just the less pleasant side.

Can't wait til it's over. I'll just close my eyes and think of England.

Mr. Pickles

Mr. Pickles loves you. Mwah! ♥
Reaction score
I hear Denny's has a nice Thanksgiving plate on the menu. :dunno:
Ya know, I always wanted to do a Thanksgiving at Denny's or a good Chinese restaurant - or both in the same day.

parts

Reaction score
19.5 pounder..will have to wait until Saturday.. Son working..wife helping at food bank..I am delivering a few meals..
But Saturday..we eat..

Malikon

말억건
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I think I'm backing out this year. I'll make some calls tomorrow and say some things came up. Being away for 2 days and having to sit and listen to my family drink and argue just .....yeah..just...no.