Xmas fights

michaelinokc

Reaction score
I had my Christmas early with my three youngest kids in Washington state. Bad weather and car problems prevented a lady friend from making it over on Christmas day, but being home alone with six great guitars for four days ain't so bad.

mtgguitar

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
An old man calls his son and says, "Listen, your mother and I are getting divorced. Forty-five years of misery is enough."

"Dad, what are you talking about?" the son screams.

“We can't stand the sight of each other any longer,” he says. "I'm sick of her face, and I'm sick of talking about this, so call your sister and tell her," and he hangs up.

Now, the son is worried. He calls his sister. She says, "Like hell they’re getting divorced!" She calls their father immediately. "You’re not getting divorced! Don't do another thing. The two of us are flying home tomorrow to talk about this. Until then, don't call a lawyer, don't file a paper. DO YOU HEAR ME?” She hangs up the phone.

The old man turns to his wife and says, "Okay, they’re both coming for Christmas and paying their own airfares.

sonar1

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
We had a huge meltdown.
Lots of boundaries crossed and inventories taken, people leaving in a huff, etc.
Good riddance.

I just detached and let 'em fight. I refuse to pick sides.

I've always hated holidays with this family. So many expectations and agendas.

Bah humbug.

I would have said don't let two bitches in the kitchen at the same time, but that's unfair to dogs.

As soon as our out of town guests removed themselves and took their boundary crossing agendas with them, serenity returned.

Ahhhhhhhhh.

Latest Threads