XITONE Group Buy Discussion

Discussion in 'Amp Modeling' started by frankv, Mar 5, 2017.

1. kmasters68

kmasters68 Senior Member

:wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow:

2. frankv

frankv What Are You Waiting For? Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member V.I.P. Member

As I am sure you already know, you need not worry about being a modeler dude in a so called tube world. Listen to this then you tell me.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chOdE6xgn_g"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF0RhwT0lAU[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HDhmPeM0ZQ[/ame]

FOH with the 4 12 as back line stage volune,

3. kmasters68

kmasters68 Senior Member

peter croft
    peter croft2 weeks ago
    Wow the tone on those Les Pauls ..no wonder..so many players use them ..wish i had the money for one

LOL! this was the first comment.

His tone dough!

4. Falconbill

Falconbill Premium Member

That looks killer Frank. :thumb:

5. frankv

frankv What Are You Waiting For? Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member V.I.P. Member

Thanks Bill. I like the abstract look about it.

6. Shai`tan

Shai`tan Senior Member

Thx for posting those vids Frank!!! Now comonnnnnnnn... Xitone wedge!!!!

7. frankv

I saw Anthony live he had his Kemper plugged into front of house. The second they switched it on I was kind of shocked at how good it sounded.

My cabinet has shipped and I'll have it tomorrow. Yippee ki-yay

8. frankv

So I wanted to find out why its a 4 to 6 week delivery time. This is due to two thing according to Mick. First off he is very busy with builds backed up like 30 deep. So you can imagine that will take time. Especially from a one man operation.

In addition to that, Mick told me that he has 46 Matrix amps backordered. That is a big back order and I am sure that causes quite a delay when it's time to complete a build.

So there is the latest of delivery time. I suggest you get on the list as soon as you can. Some of you have already waited and you builds will be delivered first. :thumb:

9. mmd

mmd Senior Member

OHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I get it - when you sent me the pic on the phone I couldn't tell it was a Majesty. That's AWESOME!!!

10. frankv

Thanks Mark. I love the way it came out and I will have it in my office tomorrow.. I can't wait to hear XiTone again as I do miss it's character.

11. frankv

Well, you guys are in for some awesome experience. I got my Xitone today. Check it out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Its got a cool MODE selector button/light that flashes depending on the mode you are in. The cooling fan on the Matrix is dead silent.

I have come to prefer the sound and feeling of the XiTone over the CLR. This is not to say there is anything less then stellar with the CLR. It's just that my first set of FRFR cabs were Xitones and I think I have grown accustomed to that tone simply because I have played them longer.

AmpedUp and CaptainT like this.
  12. jdto

jdto Pretend Human Premium Member

Hell yeah!

13. Falconbill

Falconbill Premium Member

Looks very cool Frank. But wait . . . I thought you were a passive cab guy. :D

14. frankv

I'm glad you are paying attention wild Bill. Hahahahah. I have had 2 passive XiTones already. I thought I would try out an active one. So far I'm pretty damn happy. Playing it all day..

15. Shai`tan

Shai`tan Senior Member

How is it at low volume.... and high? Mild to wild? ;p Hoping a Review is incoming.

16. KenG

KenG Senior Member

Only musicians give a sh*t what amp you're using backline. Civilians don't care. To be honest I'm much more interested in what guitar the player chooses than what amp. Maybe that's from watching Rush play where there are NO amps visible on stage (believe they're hidden down below to keep stage noise lower).

17. frankv

Review? Did you say review.. hahahahah

OK. Here ya go.
    I have mine and you don't have yours. Hahahahahah.

No really. What you have here is a device that is at the top of the food chain. Its really just that simple.

Look, here's another way to look at it. I think you know me somewhat. Have you EVER known me to buy junk?

I start a group buy being the first to purchase it..and that makes 3 XiTones I have had.

saks likes this.
  18. kmasters68

kmasters68 Senior Member

I hear ya and thats true. But in the past I've engaged in TOOBSNOBBERY to a very intense degree. Still to this day, looking at backlines interest me and triggers certain before the fact assumptions. So for that reason, I'm pretty sympathetic to the sentiment of "Get that junk off my stage" while at the same time trying to figure out a way to "Sneak that junk on stage.":D

19. kmasters68

kmasters68 Senior Member

Thats major league bad ass! Here I am still weeks and weeks away.:facepalm:

20. frankv

Let me tell you. Its worth the wait. The cabinet is incredibly well made and you can see the attention to detail Mick puts into every piece he ships.
    I have been playing it pretty much all day . It looks great and I am very happy with my choice of art work on the grill and Red against black.