WTF.. what happened to freedom of speech?

Sinster

Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCoizf_RRuc]YouTube - South Park Cartman Vs Kyle[/ame]

kmk108

Reaction score
When a visitor went to Revolution Muslim's website they were redirected to images of Prophet Muhammad with a bomb on his head and an older Muslim man kissing a young boy passionately.
What did they expect? You got what you asked for.

geochem1st

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I believe that CC censored the show for strictly commercial reasons. They are in business to make a profit.

EDIT:

In the other thread I had mentioned that hate doesn't come just from the Islamic side. Sinead O'Conner cut up a picture of the Pope (not Jesus), on SNL and it ended her career plus she had death threats made at her. She didn't ever play SNL again to my knowledge. John Lennon had the 'gall' to claim that the Beatles were more popular than Jesus over 40 years ago, and the Catholic Church just forgave him this year.... 20 years after his death.

kmk108

Reaction score
I believe that CC censored the show for strictly commercial reasons. They are in business to make a profit.

EDIT:

In the other thread I had mentioned that hate doesn't come just from the Islamic side. Sinead O'Conner cut up a picture of the Pope (not Jesus), on SNL and it ended her career plus she had death threats made at her. She didn't ever play SNL again to my knowledge. John Lennon had the 'gall' to claim that the Beatles were more popular than Jesus over 40 years ago, and the Catholic Church just forgave him this year.... 20 years after his death.

But the media wants to jump all over those "crazy muslims" :rolleyes:

KSG_Standard

Reaction score
It does not matter.

Parody is not about only making fun of the minorities.

I understand, I was just making a little joke about there being a smaller crowd to piss off...I forgot to use one of these ---> :laugh2::cool::lol::rolleyes::D:shock::naughty:

kmk108

Reaction score
I may be late to the party here, but the threat came from an American:

FOXNews.com - Road to Radicalism: The Man Behind the 'South Park' Threats

Yep. When someone posted that in the older thread, I was about to talk about Liverpool FC. Someone made a comment about how Liverpool fans held most of the blame for Hillsborough. He received death threats from AMERICANS.

The boy who threw the beach ball on the pitch which lead to a goal against Liverpool received death threats from AMERICANS. As sensitive as we are to these things, we have a lot of people that like to make death threats. :rolleyes:

KSG_Standard

Reaction score
From that Fox article, we finally get to the root of the hatred...it wasn't Islam...it was...
Chesser's interests -- hardcore industrial music

:shock::slash:

LongBeach

Reaction score
I was watching Sinead's ordeal on SNL. I actually laughed. She's a freak, what did everyone expect? The media and everyone else just played right into what she wanted.

I saw Eddie Murphy do a skit called "Kill The White People" had a song and everything,
I thought it was hilarious, and I'm white? go figure?

See, IMO, that's the problem. Everything is a "personal attack" on whichever relegion, family values, whatever.

If you look at who/what is providing this information, IMO, one shouldnt get their panties
all in a bunch.

McLovin

Reaction score
Oh, and what's the big deal about muhammed? A misogynistic old goat who married an 8-year old girl - pervert I'd say.
I think you just made it to thier "Top Ten Sh*t List". Right below Salman Rushdi.:thumb::D

Sinster

Reaction score
John Lennon had the 'gall' to claim that the Beatles were more popular than Jesus over 40 years ago, and the Catholic Church just forgave him this year.... 20 years after his death.

Well guess what .. they were.. so he wasn't incorrect in his statement. Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, Ipods, The Internet, and a lot of other things are more popular than Jesus today.

Not better or greater than.. just popular than.

Catholic Church had/have the "gall" to allow their Priest to get away with molesting kids. I would rather have the lesser of the two evils..

Here's the original text
Christianity will go. It will vanish and shrink. I needn't argue about that; I'm right and I'll be proved right. We're more popular than Jesus now; I don't know which will go first—rock 'n' roll or Christianity. Jesus was all right but his disciples were thick and ordinary. It's them twisting it that ruins it for me

Then his apology
John: "If I had said television is more popular than Jesus, I might have got away with it, but I just happened to be talking to a friend and I used the words "Beatles" as a remote thing, not as what I think - as Beatles, as those other Beatles like other people see us. I just said "they" are having more influence on kids and things than anything else, including Jesus. But I said it in that way which is the wrong way."

Reporter: "Some teenagers have repeated your statements - "I like the Beatles more than Jesus Christ." What do you think about that?"

John: "Well, originally I pointed out that fact in reference to England. That we meant more to kids than Jesus did, or religion at that time. I wasn't knocking it or putting it down. I was just saying it as a fact and it's true more for England than here. I'm not saying that we're better or greater, or comparing us with Jesus Christ as a person or God as a thing or whatever it is. I just said what I said and it was wrong. Or it was taken wrong. And now it's all this."

Reporter: "But are you prepared to apologize?"

John (thinking that he had just apologized, because he did): "I wasn't saying whatever they're saying I was saying. I'm sorry I said it really. I never meant it to be a lousy anti-religious thing. I apologize if that will make you happy. I still don't know quite what I've done. I've tried to tell you what I did do but if you want me to apologize, if that will make you happy, then OK, I'm sorry."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZt67ceN03Y]YouTube - The Beatles Popular than Jesus[/ame]

weirdotis

Reaction score
I generally don't watch much TV, but can someone explain what the situation here is?

Sinster

Reaction score
I generally don't watch much TV, but can someone explain what the situation here is?

South Parks 200 episode they poked fun of Mohammad.. nothing was bleeped.. Mohammad was said a lot. A Muslim group warned the creators of South Park that they might end up dead if they aired the next epi. So In ep. 201 they were suppose to show Mohammad.. but when it aired everything in reference to Mohammad was bleeped or had a big black box over it with the word "Censorship" in it. They also bleep out other things that didn't have Mohammad in it.

Howard2k

Reaction score
Catholic Church had/have the "gall" to allow their Priest to get away with molesting kids. I would rather have the lesser of the two evils..

To be fair, I think that is a bit harsh.

There is no open season on little boys in the Catholic Church. There have been some truly heinous crimes committed and some absolutely STAGGERING mismanagement of these numerous incidences. The church has done a craptacular job of dealing with these issues and they have completely fucked it up, basically. They could not organize a piss-up in a brewery, in fact.

But still, they have at least made an effort. Again, they did a shit job of resolving the situation too, they are continuing to mismanage it. I saw a quote where it was said that Benedict apparently shared the pain of those guys in Malta. Like HELL he did. I am sure he was deeply ashamed (as he should be) for his actions and the actions of the Church, but he did not SHARE the fucking pain.

But still, despite ALL of that, the Church is not ENTIRELY full of child molesters who have a free pass.

It is a complete abomination of justice and I think that Benedict SHOULD be brought to trial for his part, but on the other hand we have to start with baby steps. SOMETHING is being done. It is not enough, but it is better than them just brushing it under the carpet as is so often the case with other atrocities committed for or by religion.

If this is genuinely the start of the Church trying to clean house, I think it is worth at least a little respect. It is not enough for me, but again, it is a start.

Caleb

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Catering to violent extremists out of fear they might do something insane is bullshit. The vaunted NY Times, the Washington Post, and the Yale book about controversial cartoons all demonstrated the same cowardice when they failed to cover the Danish political cartoons on Islam.

Acts like this are as ineffective as national governments negotiating demands from terrorists. Which is why most industrialized nations (with the notorious exception of Spain) refuse to do so.

This, to me, is akin to to telling your kid to just give a school bully his lunch money to avoid confrontation.

Fuck the bully.

tazzboy

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Politics + religion = disaster :rolleyes:

That's what sucks. There are plenty of people on here that can civilly debate and will even concede when the other side is right. It's a select few that don't know anything about what they're talking about that make threads like these spin down the bowl.

Reminds me of the bumper sticker I once saw that read.

The last time we mix Politics and Religion together people got burned at the stake.

diceman

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
To reiterate - you are only protected from GOVERNMENT censorship. Comedy Central can censor whoever and whatever they choose to.

Them doing so over a few religious nutbars is another question, though. Comdey Central are a bunch of pansies...

Latest Threads