WTF Jimmy Page rubber stamps his books

sk8rat

Reaction score
Why not?

They make 20Xs more in a month, than most of the people hocking their autographs make in a week. I fail to see the downside on the artist's end.

We spend most of our hard-earned money buying them mansions, expensive cars/jewelry/electronics/hookers/drugs, etc, etc, etc.......(I know, I'm generalizing, but you get the point), so what's a few bucks on a signature?:hmm:

they're taking advantage of the artists good nature. when a friend ask you for a ride one time, well whatever. now have them ask you for a ride multiple times a day, everyday, so they can make a quick buck(maybe selling something on craigslist or something), then never thank you for taking the time out of your day to do so, never compensate you for the time/gas and act as if you owe it to them....then we will see how you feel

its not about the money, its about the lack of respect these people have for the artist

not to mention a lot of the people have absolutely no manners and will interrupt them no matter what they are doing

Username2

Reaction score
I don't make gods of men, so they can keep their signatures, penned or stamped.

What would really impress the hell out of me is if someone had a stuffed Jimmy Page head hanging on his wall. :thumb:

One could say it'd be more impressive if they sold it on eBay. :shock:

Otto tune

Reaction score
Is it any different than buying a print by some artist?
You know it's not the original.

I've seen hawkers around famous people. One guy had a tool belt full of memorabilia. As he saw a star approach, he ran up shoved the item at them, then took a digital picture of them signing, and moved on to the next star. You know that was for profit. I guess a star will tire of that sooner of later. It isn't just musicians either, sports celebrities do the same. If you're making money from them, shouldn't they get a cut?
If it's a kid in a wheelchair, then it's different.

Oh, and your senator auto signs his letter to you too. There's a machine that duplicates it in ink. What's the world coming to?

45WinMag

Reaction score
I want a one-of-one limited edition, with all the text handwritten by Jimmy in ink made from the tears of underage groupies printed on paper made from the wood of '59 bursts and bound in fabric from his "Song Remains the Same" stage costume.

Maybe I could get him to stamp it.

Tetrikon

Banned
Reaction score
I just want to read the book. Nothing more. Nothing less. Don't want no fancy cover, make it as cheap as possible and send it to me for $19.99 like any other paperback.

st.bede

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Not to be nitpicking but I kinda wished that Les Paul would not of signed those 2015 LPs.

mtgguitar

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't blame Ringo and other older celebs. It's difficult to tell a loving fan from a professional ebay seller. They get stuff pushed in front of them while having dinner at restaurants with family and friends. McCartney politely tells them "Please, not while I'm having dinner."

IMO, the Guitar Rock era has ended and "artists" have to maintain their lifestyle by selling nostalgia.

TeaForTwo

The Guitar Whisperer
Reaction score
Not to be nitpicking but I kinda wished that Les Paul would not of signed those 2015 LPs.

Henry keeps him locked in a rectangular box in his office and only lets him out to sign the damn things.

It's time for an intervention. Elder abuse should not be tolerated.

OldBenKenobi

Reaction score
I don't get the big deal with autographs. Actually meeting Page at a signing would be worth way more than the actual signature. Having a ZoSo stamp in the book is actually cooler to me because hey, it's ZoSo.

Sinster

Reaction score
Take off you Jimmy Page blinders... I know he is a lot of guitar players inspiration.

You ask the fans to purchase your book and then tell them it's a "signing" not a "stamping". You only have to sign 250 copies. It's the fans that will purchase your book. The signing is just a way to push the sales up. Sign the book with your own damn hand. Try to show that you care to the fans who without them you wouldn't be where you are today. I don't care if you stamp everything else that fans send in (like Ringo) or tell fans to piss up a rope when you are trying to live your life. Don't be like "Come on over and purchase my book. If you do I will sign it" and then go "Aaaaah Just playing I'm going stamp it instead".

johnreardon

Reaction score
Take off you Jimmy Page blinders... I know he is a lot of guitar players inspiration.

You ask the fans to purchase your book and then tell them it's a "signing" not a "stamping". You only have to sign 250 copies. It's the fans that will purchase your book. The signing is just a way to push the sales up. Sign the book with your own damn hand. Try to show that you care to the fans who without them you wouldn't be where you are today. .

The advertising says:

'Genesis copies will be hand-stamped by the author with his 'Zoso' logo'

Jimmy Page - His New Book - Genesis Publications

I don't know your age, but I am nearly the same age as Jimmy and at our age signing anything more than 10 copies really hurts your hand.

I wrote a book last year about my band and had to sign around 15 copies at a gig. It was lucky that it was after we had finished playing because my right hand was aching like hell.

I don't blame Jimmy at all. There will still be people trying to make money on his stamped books.

Sinster

Reaction score
The advertising says:

'Genesis copies will be hand-stamped by the author with his 'Zoso' logo'

Jimmy Page - His New Book - Genesis Publications

I don't know your age, but I am nearly the same age as Jimmy and at our age signing anything more than 10 copies really hurts your hand.

I wrote a book last year about my band and had to sign around 15 copies at a gig. It was lucky that it was after we had finished playing because my right hand was aching like hell.

I don't blame Jimmy at all. There will still be people trying to make money on his stamped books.

I'm not that old.. I do sign my name on an average 30-40+ times a day. I know it sucks ass doing so and wish I could use a stamp.

I understand he must get sick and tired of getting bombarded with people asking for autographs. My panties wouldn't get bunched up if he turned those people down. I'm cool with that.

LP Bob

Reaction score
Genesis Publications and Page devised the stamp based on comments they received from those with the Limited Edition run with the real signature, so as not to devalue it.

I have the Limited Edition so I am cool with this, although I didn't complain. I have the new book too, and there's no comparison so I am not worried even if Pagey signed a new one.

Actually, the stamp concept makes those new editions unique as well as different, as they are the ZoSo sigil with info unique to each stamping event... Not a bad solution IMHO.

Exactly my sentiments, that's a very good reason to stamp these, not sign. I love the ZOSO stamp, it's the real McCoy symbol, right from legend himself, that I used to write all over my books in school as a kid! My friend and bass player went to the 11/5/14 NYC stamping and not only met Jimmy Page (said he was cool as [email protected], laughing, upbeat, slapping hands), got his ZOSO stamp in the book, and then gave me the book for my birthday (great friend). It's a great solution so as to not devalue the previous Genesis release, respecting his fans who paid for the more expensive version, while giving the others a unique alternative in a way only Page can do. Who else's symbol really matters and is as cool as ZOSO? Anyway the uninformed Howard Stern is slamming Page, and mistakenly still thinks Page is stamping his autograph (not ZOSO), and doesn't care to get informed about the above reason. He's also annoyed that Page declined the Stern show, but went on Letterman and Sirius Townhall. I would love to hear Stern/Page interview, Page should've done it, as Stern, Robin, Gary, Fred and most of Sirius staff worship the guy musically, as most of us here do.

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
Seriously:
If that stamp IS the signature and Jimmy Page himself endorses the process,
which he does obviously, doesn't it "de facto" constitute a signature, therefore
elevating the "stamp" to the status of signature, therefore giving it an "Ebay" value?

I would think so. Wait a few years, those books will increase in value.
Then a lot of dudes will moan. "I could have made the short line and get a "stamped signed" book but no!
I decided to stay home and smoke a big one with Johnny. What was I thinking? Fvck this shit!"

And wait for "The Stamper" to appear at Christie's Auctions after JP's funeral.

Not seriously:
Next: A robotic Jimmy Page look-alike with a stamping arm.
Approved by Jimmy Page? Equals signature!

YoshiJimbo

Reaction score
Seriously:
If that stamp IS the signature and Jimmy Page himself endorses the process,
which he does obviously, doesn't it "de facto" constitute a signature, therefore
elevating the "stamp" to the status of signature, therefore giving it an "Ebay" value?

I would think so. Wait a few years, those books will increase in value.
Then a lot of dudes will moan. "I could have made the short line and get a "stamped signed" book but no!
I decided to stay home and smoke a big one with Johnny. What was I thinking? Fvck this shit!"

And wait for "The Stamper" to appear at Christie's Auctions after JP's funeral.

Not seriously:
Next: A robotic Jimmy Page look-alike with a stamping arm.
Approved by Jimmy Page? Equals signature!

I don't know how much the original limited edition cost, but they are already listed on ebay for several hundred dollars.

Latest Threads