WTF Is wrong with this picture?

ReverendJWblues

MLP Chaplain
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Most of you here that know me, know that I have severe back problems. Several surgeries over the past yr, several in the past 2 months as I havent been on here much. About a month ago I changed Pain Managment Dr's (thats what they are called here aka Narcotics Dr's) they dispence pain meds to chronic pain patients. I went to this new Doctor he comes in the room, never shakes my hand or ask how I'm feeling, doesnt even ask my name, so I assume he just knows. I take my piss test before I can even get into see this BASTARD as I call him now. As I say he never hardly say's a word to me, I tell him the pain meds I already take, he has NO Interest, his nurse comes in and tells him he has a phone call no less than 3 times while I am in the room, he say's excuse me I have to get this call all 3 times. He never takes my blood pressure, temp, pulse, anything all my other Dr's always do, he writes me 5 pain med scrips (Morphine/oxycontin), Oxycodone, Soma, and 2 other long acting meds. Well I go home having had surgery a week earlier, the next day I take the oxycontin/Morphine that he has changed me too (now be it known I take and have taken alot of pain meds over the past 4 yrs but never this strong a dose of Morphine alot of drigs I'm sure alot of you would love to get hold of). I am pukeing my guts out I call this Dr back, I get a recording so I leave my name and number, a week later no responce, I call my surgeon, he calls the number same recording 2 day's later my surgeon calls me and say's they still cant get in touch with said Dr. So I go back to my back Dr the next week he gives me my normal pain meds that I have taken for the last 4 yrs, which is evrything this BASTARD has given me except Morphine which is changed back to what I was taking. So now its time to go back to the Pain/Narco Dr. I tell the receptionist that I have left numerous messages along with my surgeon which were never responded too, I get this bullshit of you must have dialed the wrong number, I have the number in my cell phone so I say lets see if I do, I call the number and :wtf: the phone rings I said :hmm: give me another excuse bitch! Then she says you owe $325.00 from your last visit and we only accept cash, no checks or credit cards.................Huh :wtf: do you mean I owe that, thats what your insurance didnt pay, then I find out from my wife that the total bill for this FUCKING whack job of a Dr to write me out the pain med scrips was $1275.00, your fucking shitting me I say......... And I didnt even get a reach around. So I sat there fumeing fucking mad waiting for my 2nd appointment, they call me for my piss test, well FUCK I couldnt piss, 5 minutes pass I cant piss, the nurse tells me I'm out of time to piss I'll have to come back the next day.......:wtf: I never heard of such bullshit, I call my back Dr. and told him, $550.00 for a piss test, $725.00 for Office visit your in the wrong damn business end of this, he tells me he's had complaints about said Dr. I said NO SHIT. Needless to say I now
have a new Pain Med Dr. Hell I cant wait to see his bill. :laugh2:

So :wtf: is wrong with our health care in America? You tell me, and please dont test my intelligence and try and charge me $1275.00 for the answer.
BTW I think I'm raising what I charge an hr at my business, after all it seems like rapeing someone isnt a crime anymore.:)

KP

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry for your woes Rev. That is the kind of problem our government should be trying to alleviate. But, they have other agendas.

Fracture

Reaction score
Morphine will take your body a few days to adjust to, same as Oxycontin.
Take a a lot of stool softener.Eat a lot of fruit, like raisins.
I used to take Oxy, but quit.
Morphine is a much better pain killer, it's natural.
You will get physically addicted to it, meaning of you miss a dose
you will get flu like symptoms.If you find your self increasing the dose
for the sheer enjoyment, you're abusing it.
Stick with the morphine, start low and gradually increase your dose.
Take the Oxy on as need basis, more addictive (psychologically) because
of the euphoria it induces.

What ever you do, no matter how much someone begs or offers,
do give them one dose. It is a felony.
Imagine some friend driving a car the first time on Oxy.
Accident, injuries, the first person he's going to give up is you.

Then no more meds, and probably get arrested.

If the doc was an asshole, just don't pay the bill.
They won't know what to do, tell em you were unsatisfied
with service and you won't pay.

mrpesca

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Rev. It's criminal what the medical profession charges for everything. They have us by the balls and they know it.

And people think auto mechanics rip people off.

FrankieOliver

Reaction score
Yep, Rev. I agree with you 100% on that. I don't know what to think any more. Now I know someone is going to come in here and lecture me on the definition of "capitalism", but the raping of the American people by this industry has got to stop. It's a damned shame.

#1guitarman

Reaction score
Contact your insurance co. and tell them everything you've told us.
His ass won't be charging Your insurance anymore. And you don't have to pay this buttwipe.
This is a "Dr. Feelgood". They're all over S. Fla. and getting busted nearly everyday now.
DEA did a deal where they had a legitimate Dr. call and make an appointment for them and when they arrived, they were givin a bag with thier meds in it. BUSTED!!
It's happening everyday now, the Pain Management clinics getting busted. bloody hell, news reporters have even filmed people sitting in thier cars shootin' up Morph/Oxy blends like what he gave you.

I hope you get to feelin' better Rev.

jomo

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Too bad you don't live here bro. My old pain Doc doesn't accept insurance because he's pretty much boycotting them. Instead he just charges $60 cash.
Plus, he only has you come in the minimum the state requires which is every 6 months.
Don't get me started on ins. though, I pay $730 a month and go to get a script for something (from a regular Dr.) and the med was $75! I went off, I'm like "700 bucks a month and they won't pay for this med!!"
Anyway, that Dr. is a prick, It'd be hard for me not to cave his face in.

AmazingJourney

Reaction score
Rev, you've got every right to be pissed. Sorry you had to deal with an idiot. Being in pain is bad enough without all the extra crap. You should really report this idiot if you can.
Hope fully things will get better with the new doc.

ReverendJWblues

MLP Chaplain
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Morphine will take your body a few days to adjust to, same as Oxycontin.
Take a a lot of stool softener.Eat a lot of fruit, like raisins.
I used to take Oxy, but quit.
Morphine is a much better pain killer, it's natural.
You will get physically addicted to it, meaning of you miss a dose
you will get flu like symptoms.If you find your self increasing the dose
for the sheer enjoyment, you're abusing it.
Stick with the morphine, start low and gradually increase your dose.
Take the Oxy on as need basis, more addictive (psychologically) because
of the euphoria it induces.

What ever you do, no matter how much someone begs or offers,
do give them one dose. It is a felony.
Imagine some friend driving a car the first time on Oxy.
Accident, injuries, the first person he's going to give up is you.

Then no more meds, and probably get arrested.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm sorry if you missed my point of my rant, yes I am quite aware of these things since I have been on oxy/MS Contin-Morphine 30mg for quite some time, I was just not used to the dose this prick was dishing out, I didnt want it, the DEA controls your every move with these chemicals. I would never ever give any of my meds to anyone not even my brother, mother and so on, I know what they do to people, I know what they have done to me thru the yrs. Thankfully I have a wife and family that knows my situation, and can deal with the heartache it causes. In searching for other pain managment Dr's the DEA calls this Dr chasing, it seems too bad to me as to this as all I'm trying to do is find the right Dr for me.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the doc was an asshole, just don't pay the bill.
They won't know what to do, tell em you were unsatisfied
with service and you won't pay.

Too late for not paying, however I have warned several Dr's about this kind of practice, it should be against the law, I called several drug testing agaencies the highest price I found was $50.00. I have contacted my Insurance company on why they would pay for this bullshit, as of yet I havent gotten a responce. I do intend to write letters to my Senators and Congressmen, the news paper, and local TV channels. This is just a fucking crime as many of you have said. I agree Jomo my insurance is over $1000.00 a month for me, and the meds cost $75.00. Buut it helps for surgery bills, whew at least.

To each and every one of you I thank you from the bottom of my heart, for your well wishes and concerns about my health.
Please if you would tho pray for those who need help and dont have insurance to get the help they need.
Some may think drugs are enjoyable play things to dabble with, unfortunatley I need them and the abbusers play with them and make it difficult for alot of us to get them. Just being upfront with you people they came quite close to driving me to suicide before, but I'm much to smart for that.
Again I thank you all for you concerns for my health and well being, I have lost alot of feeling in my right arm, kinda makes it fucking hard to play guitar, I love you all.
Please also write your Senators and Congressmen about these issues and maybe they will go after the real criminals not those of us for living with chronic pain.
God Bless each and every one of you. :)

Byron999

Reaction score
Why do you have to accept this Dr.? Don't you have a choice? Why do you allow him to not converse with you? Are you intimidated by DRs? I would simply demmand the Doctor to have a conversation and expain his reasoning for the changes, in non threatneing way. Take charge or be the victim. Whats it going to be?

I have experience with Doctors, Hospital Admins. They will walk all over you IF you let them. The stories I could share in securing proper treatment for the clients I serve. They lose the battle everytime. My clients win everytime. They don't like it and know my agency well. To f*cking bad, and if they behave decently, I don't rub there face in it.

ReverendJWblues

MLP Chaplain
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Why do you have to accept this Dr.? Don't you have a choice? Why do you allow him to not converse with you? Are you intimidated by DRs? I would simply demmand the Doctor to have a conversation and expain his reasoning for the changes, in non threatneing way. Take charge or be the victim. Whats it going to be?

I have experience with Doctors, Hospital Admins. They will walk all over you IF you let them. The stories I could share in securing proper treatment for the clients I serve. They lose the battle everytime. My clients win everytime. They don't like it and know my agency well. To f*cking bad, and if they behave decently, I don't rub there face in it.

Byron
No I did not accept this Dr, after the second visit. However with the so called DEA involved in every turn of events on Narcotics when you change Dr's like this they call it Dr chasing, and it sends a so called Red Flag to them. Luckily for me, my Ortho Dr is finding me a new Dr. Hell complaints about Dr's are all over the place, also I was just pointing out how odd I thought it was that this Dr was like this, it just struck me funny. I am not afraid to confront any Dr, as I've chased a local (well he isnt anymore) Dr, for murdering my father and getting away with it. My point is simply the injustification alot of people have to put up with with the so called American Health Care System, abuse has ruined it for the Average Joe American. I could very easily quit my business and enjoy the free benifits of the system, but me I enjoy working hard, feeling a sence of productivity for every one in our society, and in reality I probably save more lives than a Dr, although I'm not even in the medical field. I'm not out to FUCK the American people more than we already have been.
Everyone who knows me personally knows I dont put up with any horse shit, from anyone. I dont like being fucked over by anyone, I dont fuck anyone over in my business, or personally.
I am just simply tired of being done this way as I'm sure many on this forum have had happen to them also. I'm not going to let my thread here die a peicefull death, I may be the only one posting on it, but I wont let it die, jst like every other Empire that has ever developed in the world ours too is doomed for failure. But this time I wont go down without standing up for myself and others, sure I'm fighting a losing battle, we all do when fighting for our rights, thats why American Society is so complaicent, but this time I myself wont stop, I will die losing battle, but at least I wont just lay down and accept it for the way that it is.

coldsteal2

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I need a pain doctor, the VA stoped giving me pain meds
a few years ago, im lucky to get Motrin 800 from them any
more.

snaredrum

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i live in fear of meeting a doctor like that. sorry, man. hope you're sorted now!

LongBeach

Reaction score
Rev, I say keep going after the fucker, see if you can get him shut down.
Hope things start going a little better!

Byron999

Reaction score
Byron
No I did not accept this Dr, after the second visit. However with the so called DEA involved in every turn of events on Narcotics when you change Dr's like this they call it Dr chasing, and it sends a so called Red Flag to them. Luckily for me, my Ortho Dr is finding me a new Dr. Hell complaints about Dr's are all over the place, also I was just pointing out how odd I thought it was that this Dr was like this, it just struck me funny. I am not afraid to confront any Dr, as I've chased a local (well he isnt anymore) Dr, for murdering my father and getting away with it. My point is simply the injustification alot of people have to put up with with the so called American Health Care System, abuse has ruined it for the Average Joe American. I could very easily quit my business and enjoy the free benifits of the system, but me I enjoy working hard, feeling a sence of productivity for every one in our society, and in reality I probably save more lives than a Dr, although I'm not even in the medical field. I'm not out to FUCK the American people more than we already have been.
Everyone who knows me personally knows I dont put up with any horse shit, from anyone. I dont like being fucked over by anyone, I dont fuck anyone over in my business, or personally.
I am just simply tired of being done this way as I'm sure many on this forum have had happen to them also. I'm not going to let my thread here die a peicefull death, I may be the only one posting on it, but I wont let it die, jst like every other Empire that has ever developed in the world ours too is doomed for failure. But this time I wont go down without standing up for myself and others, sure I'm fighting a losing battle, we all do when fighting for our rights, thats why American Society is so complaicent, but this time I myself wont stop, I will die losing battle, but at least I wont just lay down and accept it for the way that it is.

I here you bro. I wasn't putting you down, I wanted to inspire you to not take their shit. Everyone should file complaint, after complaint, make it your mission to root out the Zebheads, be the thorn in their side.

I've had the hospital bean counters call me at 02:00 in the morning(Saturday Morning)to tell me they wanted to discharge a client who had been admitted earlier in the day. These people tried to use some of the Hard Sale tactics that zebhead car salesman use. I pointed this out and then told them I would come and check up on the client during the day, and then much to their bottom line diappointment, that I would make arrangements for a qulified nurse to visit on Monday and speak with their people about discharge. Ohhh, they did not like that. So F*cking what. Grab the bull by the horns and guess what? They also like to dicharge on a Friday afternoon. Ain't happening. I tell them on Friday morning that if plan to discharge today, it will be before noon. Why, so my staff don't have to work overtime trying to figure out the mess that have made with the client's current medication regiment, and just try and get the discharging doctor on the phone Friday afternoon to clear up all the descrepancies, sometime this can take 3-5 hours to resolve.

Well, they have learned not to treat us that way anymore, cause we always win, and I literally tell them this is the case, so if you want to dance, lets dance. Now after a few years thay have learned and they are not pushy with us.

geochem1st

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Here in NC, Pain Management Centers are one of the biggest new scams going. The aim is to make you an addict (morphine is mandatory, I know people, my wife being one of them, who have been refused treatment because they did not want to take morphine or methadone for their pain), then control you through this dependance, I kid you not. This line of business rakes in cash and ruins peoples lives.

FrankieOliver

Reaction score
Here in NC, Pain Management Centers are one of the biggest new scams going. The aim is to make you an addict (morphine is mandatory, I know people, my wife being one of them, who have been refused treatment because they did not want to take morphine or methadone for their pain), then control you through this dependance, I kid you not. This line of business rakes in cash and ruins peoples lives.
Geo, I couldn't agree more. Unfortunately, I know too many people who have become completely dependent on these powerful drugs thanks to this institution. I will also go as far as to point the finger at another side of this legal drug racket in this country: The psychopharmacological business. The sort of medication coctails that contributed to the deaths of Heath Ledger and Brittany Murphy are really quite typical. Many drugs included in these prescribed coctails are absolutely redundant. :hmm:

ReverendJWblues

MLP Chaplain
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

Geo, I couldn't agree more. Unfortunately, I know too many people who have become completely dependent on these powerful drugs thanks to this institution. I will also go as far as to point the finger at another side of this legal drug racket in this country: The psychopharmacological business. The sort of medication coctails that contributed to the deaths of Heath Ledger and Brittany Murphy are really quite typical. Many drugs included in these prescribed coctails are absolutely redundant. :hmm:

Unfortunatley my life is basically ruined with or without the drugs, I hate them but need them. My right arm is fading away now, kinda hard to play guitar but I'm not giving up.

geochem1st

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Unfortunatley my life is basically ruined with or without the drugs, I hate them but need them. My right arm is fading away now, kinda hard to play guitar but I'm not giving up.

I am very sorry to hear this. I understand as my wife suffers from an incurable, painful disease, that will be terminal for her. She just did not want to be totally incapacitated due to the high levels of morphine that they were insisting that she take. She just wanted something to take the edge off so that she could still function and not be a bed ridden zombie.

Latest Threads