mgenet

Cheese Burger = Earth
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someday I will have Axel Tone!!
You mean that obnoxious high nasally voice that kills cats
and drives dogs crazy? That Axel tone?

If you want to get rid of vermin in the listening area of your home
just play Axel singing "Knockin' On Heaven's Door".

'Nuff said...

oh, yeah, more cowbell, please...
Thank you.

7gtop

Reaction score
tumblr_md8m0whdRp1rp4l8r.gif

colchar

Banned
Reaction score
Great topical discussion .... I think ... :hmm:

tumblr_mdiqhcCPPK1riml7wo1_500.gif

This one is good too (about the 22 second mark):

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Omle06fNYV0]Red Panda Surprised by Zookeeper - YouTube[/ame]

matthew bear

Reaction score
Aw sheet...

I ate some ham today, my cat tried to take it off my plate... so I put the cat on the other side of the table, and gave him his own piece...

But then my dog wanted some too, so I cut him a piece as well...

we all had ham for lunch. it was good

FLICKOFLASH

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFaydDs9MWI&feature=related]Guns N' Roses - End Of GN'R - Slash Interview 1995 - YouTube[/ame]

Howard2k

Reaction score
"The reason Slash left Guns n' Roses has long been debated, and Axl constantly seems to be given his share of the blame - and possibly even more. While I do agree that Axl should have some of the blame for the break up, I don't believe he deserves the full blame. My belief is that Slash has to take some of the blame, due to his attitude and drinking problems.
My belief is that the beginning of the end for Slash happened in 1991 when Izzy Stradlin left the band. While Slash and Izzy were friends, they didn't hang out much and they were basically opposites: Izzy was sober and liked to ride motorcycles, Slash was constantly drunk (or on drugs) and liked partying hard. For this reason, it may sound weird that this is related to Slash's departure.

What followed Izzy's departure, however, obviously played a part. At some point during 1992, Axl decided that Slash and Duff had to sign over the rights of the band name to him, or he would stop touring. Slash and Duff agreed, probably because they wanted to save the band, and gave Axl the rights. This made the tour continue, but it also made Slash and Duff secondary members of the band - basically they were now Axl's employees."

Is this really what happened? That is so BS. Who the f*** does axl think he is and why would they agree to his BS ultimatum?

Phew, for a minute I thought you might have included quote attributions. Thank god you didn't, that would have taken the fun out.

cherryles

Reaction score
If they had a brain they would put their differences aside and reform the band that shook the entire world and make gazillions of $ all over again.

I would not pay to see GnR without :slash: on lead guitar but i also don't like Slash's new stuff enough to justify paying to go see him play.

FLICKOFLASH

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I think Slash split when Axl brought Zakk Wyde on board.

It's now a common piece of rock and roll lore that Zakk Wylde once auditioned to join Slash in Guns N' Roses in the mid '90s.

While the band ultimately decided that a two-lead-player approach wouldn't work, it's fun to think about what the band would have sounded like with those two sharing guitar duties -- and apparently Zakk agrees.

On what a Slash/Zakk Wylde combo in GNR would have sounded like, Zakk told Gibson.com: “It sounded like the riffs I write and the way I write, mixed in with the way the guys write, you know what I mean. It would have been like, when I was jamming with Slash and all the guys, even if I’m in the band there’s only one guy that’s playing the solos to ‘November Rain,’ ‘Sweet Child o’ Mine’ and all those classic songs. I’m not going to do anything there. But the future stuff that we would have been writing, it would have been cool! Because I love Slash’s playing and I’m buddies with him. It would have been cool, but with those guys there was nothing happening, so we were jamming but it wasn’t going anywhere.”

Latest Threads