WTB / WTT Pulsonic Cone T1281 / T1534 Celestion / Rola Speakers

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm short a few of these for a rig I'm rebuilding.

The T1281 is the G12H-30 55Hz, Heavy Magnet, Bass Cone version Greenback.

I think the date range is 1965-1972 but there might be some debate on that and I won't claim to be the final authority on it.

If you have any you are willing to part with, please reach out.

It would be ideal to make a trade and I'd be willing to build pickups with what's left of my real honest NOS 50's Essex wire (which I'm no longer selling, otherwise) and/or some vintage magnets and PAF/P-90 steel parts (screws/keepers), which I have a few of. I'm not willing to part with any of those vintage pickup parts separately, though, so sorry but please don't ask. I do have vintage caps for harnesses too, if needed to make a deal work and cash on either side is good too, of course.

Thanks for the consideration! I'm really looking forward to rebuilding this rig that I regrettably sold when I moved across the country. I'm getting close!

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm also looking for a little more "Old English" in the form of some Blackburn Factory 12AX7s....

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sell me your old speakers bump!

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Premium Member
Reaction score
bass-cone bump!

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Premium Member
Reaction score
heavy-magnet bump!

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Premium Member
Reaction score
Help me out, guys, please.

I can even hook someone up with some type of commission if they facilitate the right deal for me.

I'm really regretting letting my old speakers go, at this point. I've got some leads but nothing in hand yet.

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Premium Member
Reaction score
Scored a great deal from a member here on one (thanks, Phil) and have another that's supposedly on the way from another seller.

I'm still looking for a few more!

Reach out if you have any.

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Premium Member
Reaction score
Still looking - need a few more Pulsonic cone G12H 55Hz greenbacks! Rola Celestion ok, as long as they are the Pulsonic cone greenbacks!

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Premium Member
Reaction score

Thanks, man.

I'm trying to find some in the continental US, though. Last thing I want is a bent frame or misaligned coil and a shipping insurance claim.

Interestingly, I have a client I know well with a brother in Amsterdam. He reached out to the seller of those on Reverb, in an attempt to acquire them for me in person, and the report was that the vibe was very shady. While that was happening, the listing dropped in price, was sold, then came back up again at a new price. I'm avoiding that seller. A bad vibe is all I need to avoid buying something rare and irreplaceable from overseas.

Sooooooo..... still looking.

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've seen a couple in the US listed with...

"ENTIRE SPEAKER TAKEN APART (OFF FRAME) BY SPEAKER DOCTOR THEN CLEANED OUT. FRESH GLUE APPLIED, RE-CENTERED AND TONE SWEPT..."

Is this considered a bad thing or good thing? The ones that state that seem to sell for less, so that's dissuaded me.

mdubya

Reaction score
Thanks, man.

I'm trying to find some in the continental US, though. Last thing I want is a bent frame or misaligned coil and a shipping insurance claim.

Interestingly, I have a client I know well with a brother in Amsterdam. He reached out to the seller of those on Reverb, in an attempt to acquire them for me in person, and the report was that the vibe was very shady. While that was happening, the listing dropped in price, was sold, then came back up again at a new price. I'm avoiding that seller. A bad vibe is all I need to avoid buying something rare and irreplaceable from overseas.

Sooooooo..... still looking.

I didn't realize they weren't in the US.

I did look at the one with the heavy magnet. The cone has a 4 on it, which I believe indicates 1974 - to me, not actually Pulsonic - (I am no expert, but mine were dated by an expert to 1973 (Pulsonic) by the 3 on the cone).

You really made me want a couple, which I don't need. But they are nice to have!

Proceed with caution.

There is a Marshall/Celestion expert on LPF. He can be prickly, but knows his stuff and has utter contempt for things that are misrepresented. It might be worth posting a thread over there.

mdubya

Reaction score
I've seen a couple in the US listed with...

"ENTIRE SPEAKER TAKEN APART (OFF FRAME) BY SPEAKER DOCTOR THEN CLEANED OUT. FRESH GLUE APPLIED, RE-CENTERED AND TONE SWEPT..."

Is this considered a bad thing or good thing? The ones that state that seem to sell for less, so that's dissuaded me.

In my experience, I would prefer a ripped or torn cone over a re-cone or anything taken apart. I would be most concerned about the voice coil being good.

I have a/b'd my Pulsonic greybacks to other more modern greenbacks. I thought 90's greenback reissues and some Weber clones sounded every bit as good. The Webers were actually the best sounding speakers I have ever heard. New, old, whatever.

My friend swears mine sound better, but we are splitting hairs and you wouldn't know what was what in a blind test.

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Premium Member
Reaction score
The 3 or 4 stamp on the cone isn't the date, but the cone type. 75Hz Pulsonic cone codes end in 3, while 55Hz Pulsonic cone codes end in 4. So, you probably have a 75Hz model. The actual date code will be on the frame. For 1973, it should be an "F" stamp.

mdubya

Reaction score
The 3 or 4 stamp on the cone isn't the date, but the cone type. 75Hz Pulsonic cone codes end in 3, while 55Hz Pulsonic cone codes end in 4. So, you probably have a 75Hz model. The actual date code will be on the frame. For 1973, it should be an "F" stamp.
Yes, mine are G12M-75Hz.

^^^ I probably knew all of that at one time. I am glad I wasn't able to mislead you!

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Premium Member
Reaction score
Haha! Yep. August something (30th?) 1973 for that one.

There was a time when the ones that said "Rola" and "Ipswitch Suffolk" could be had for less than the new Heritage series, I guess because folks thought you had to have "pre-Rolas" to get the Pulsonic cones?

I keep coming across Pulsonic G12M 75's in my search. I should probably just start buying those also and build another cabinet!

I really like the H/55z, though.

mdubya

Reaction score
Yeah, I would like to buy or build a '68 spec cabinet, just to have it. Cabinets are such a PITA. You can't just box them up and ship them.

I've had these greybacks since the early 90's. I didn't pay much for them. $25 or $50.

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got one more yesterday. Still not enough, though!

Greenback BUMP!

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sell me your speakers BUMP!