WTB / WTT - Blackburn for Kalamazoo

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had to kick my XF1 habit at least a decade ago. My XF2 substitutions had to stop shortly after. SEDs and original Svets kept me hooked for a while but, even those are now out of my range. For power tubes, I've had to reluctantly convert to modern production. My bass clarity and full lower mids will never be the same, I know. ...but for small triodes I'm still hooked and just can't kick it!

I just scored a new (to me) 1969 circuit Plexi and need the goods!

I'm looking for, ideally NOS, Backburn factory 12AX7s. That's a tall order, I know, but it's not too late. They are out there and I know some of ya'll have them!

Like the title says, "WTT" (but I can also do cash for the right deal). I actually have some sources for English 12AX7s but I'd rather make a trade because, after buying the amp and sourcing a set of Pulsonic cone T1281s (if you know, you're in the right place), and on top of that a couple vintage mics, I'm hurting for cash! ...but I can build you pickups that will melt your heart and make you question all you think you know about modern pickups. I'm also well-stocked for vintage-parts harnesses, etc.

In fact, for the right deal, I'd be willing to give up some of my real honest NOS wire coils (I'm not presently selling any) and maybe even some vintage magnets. I actually have some vintage steel PAF parts, also (keepers/screws). I can provide history/photos/video and build you what basically are real PAFs or P-90s, short of the bobbins/baseplates. ...for the right deal.

Sooooooo...... Kalamazoo traded for Blackburn! Let's both bask in the vintage glory of great nations. Who's down to make us both mutually very very happy with our guitars?

:acoustic:

Last edited:

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wobbly glass for rough cast bump.

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thank you Rudi! SO much appreciated!

Happy Easter bump!

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Premium Member
Reaction score
Also looking for a few more Pulsonic bass cone H Greenbacks....

DADGAD

Reaction score
We need some pics of this beast you have James!

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cash is good too!

I should have clarified - though I'd rather work a trade, I can also buy, straight-up.
(edited the OP to include that bit)

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Premium Member
Reaction score
Box-plate-bump!

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Premium Member
Reaction score
One of the things I really like about the Blackburn Mullards is that they have a sonic quality that's similar to PAFs, in a way. They have this seemingly impossible combination of a big, fat, rich complexity alongside an open, airy detail and clarity. Most gear can't do that "both extremes at once" sound but some of the truly special old stuff just does it effortlessly.

Bump.

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Premium Member
Reaction score
Still looking...