WTB vintage goldtop and alnico custom

neuroy

Reaction score
title says all .
player grades guitars preferred. I'm also interested in project guitars.

Thank you for all kind offers.
cheers

Slashperryburst

Reaction score
What is an alnico custom?
Guess he means one with the staple in the neck. I've heard them referred to as alnico customs before. My dream guitar. Preferably one that has already been refretted as that would knock the price down a bit, and I'd honestly prefer one with decent frets over an all original example.

PierM

Premium Member
Reaction score
Guess he means one with the staple in the neck. I've heard them referred to as alnico customs before. My dream guitar. Preferably one that has already been refretted as that would knock the price down a bit, and I'd honestly prefer one with decent frets over an all original example.
Ah ok. So that’s a 1954/55/56 Custom. Here there is one: https://reverb.com/item/22306248-gibson-les-paul-custom-1956-black

Weird mode to search for two guitars that are worth average 20K each, you’d expect to see some better description. :thumb:

neuroy

Reaction score
Thank you for the hint to Jay Rosen ! I know the guitar already.

Yes, excuse me not describing further. I thought the expression "alnico custom" is commonly known. Its correct I meant the Customs from ´53 - ´57. , single coil Les Paul Customs

What should I say more than I want to buy one of those models ? I am waiting for what will be offered, than I´ll see....
I am open for all kind offers.
Thank you all !
Cheers

Slashperryburst

Reaction score
Yes, excuse me not describing further. I thought the expression "alnico custom" is commonly known. Its correct I meant the Customs from ´53 - ´57. , single coil Les Paul Customs
I've definitely heard it a few times before. Ironically, Pier is somewhat of an expert when it comes to customs and hadn't heard the term.

Anyway. Good luck with the search. One of those customs is my dream guitar. A vintage goldtop would have to be second. You've got good taste. Make sure to do a new guitar thread when you get your hands on one (or both).

Ishibashi has This beauty in stock, but I gather that the price is a little high. Especially with the bigsby.

Last edited: