WTB: Vintage Fender knobs for blackface amp

geddy402

Reaction score
Looking for some replacements for black witch hat knobs for a Princeton Reverb I just got. Looks like someone chewed on the ones on there now. Thanks!

MikeyV

Reaction score
^^ That's not the correct knob. You can't get the right ones new, gotta go vintage.

Take a look at the "8" see how the lobes are about the same size? On a vintage know, the lower lobe of the 8 is much larger. They call them Snowman 8 knobs.

I have a blackface showman head that had two wrong knobs when I got it. Once you see them, they really bug.

Check out ebay.

Tsquared

Trunk Monkey
Reaction score
So. Buy however many of the incorrect knobs you need, and sell the vintage knobs on the 'Bay. If he can get 25 smacks for that...

geddy402

Reaction score
The description says vintage...guess they're not. Thanks for the heads up!

MikeyV

Reaction score
I assumed the amp is vintage. Please do not part out the old knobs...lol.

Is nothing sacred TSquared?

What year is your amp? I have a Princeton tweed clone, with the R8 cranked, it'a heaven.

geddy402

Reaction score
66. Doesn't have a Jensen in it (also which I'm looking for) but it has a 68 CTS horseshoe back speaker. Sounds incredible!

And no, I won't be parting with the knobs. Just looking for ones that are in a little better shape, but no big deal if I don't find any soon....

J.T.

Reaction score
You should look up vintone.com. Tony Van Note does great rebuilds and likely has just what the amp calls for. Like new, only older.

refin

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I may have some.....let me look in my parts drawer.

geddy402

Reaction score
Cool, thanks let me know if you find anything!

Latest Threads