WTB: Stephens Design or Doyle Coils pickups

geese_com

Reaction score
I have a 59 replica that I would like to put some nice PAFs style pickups in.

Looking for preferably the HD59/HDPG set or Doyle Coils Tru-Clones PAF pickups.

If you have other Stephens Design pickups or even other PAFs that you think might work well please let me know.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Chris4189

Reaction score
I was in the exact same boat. I snagged a pair of Stephens HD59’s off reverb for a good price and they are amazing pickups BUT I also purchased a set of Brandonwound PAF’s with early 60’s short A5’s to put in another guitar and I ended up putting them in the replica because they sounded so good! They are literally less then half the price. Just food for thought.

geese_com

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip.

My other option right now for pickups is a pair of ReWind Low Output PAFs.

I honestly am not that knowledgeable about different pickups. I am going for more of a Bloomfield, Kossoff, Peter Green - The Supernatural sound.

MCT

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip.

I honestly am not that knowledgeable about different pickups. I am going for more of a Bloomfield, Kossoff, Peter Green - The Supernatural sound.
There’s a set of Rewind Low Outputs on Reverb right now that just price dropped to $400, FYI

MCT

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip.

You may also want to check out Sigil pickups- he does a wonderful take on Bloomfield, as well as Peter Green, Kossoff, etc.

Alexp88

Reaction score
I have a set of US made Tom Holmes that I’m selling

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip.

FWIW - my Low Output PAFs are one of my most popular sets but would not be my first recommendation for any of those three influences you listed. I make other sets that address those better.

...and hey, Jared Brandon is a great guy. So is David at Sigil. You'll be in good hands if you go with either of them, as well.

Latest Threads