WTB: Showcase editions, Blue 2018 Blackout, Ferrari Red Custom, XPL?

Texas_Baby_Huey

Reaction score
Hey folks, I haven't really been playing guitars for a while I've mostly been playing drums and enjoying the hell out of it.

I usually don't pick up a guitar unless I see an insane deal on CL and since I last logged in I was able to acquire a 20+ year holy grail and was just tinkering with that. I was also able to nab a Pelham Trad pro off CL for $1100 so that satisfied my blue gibson fetish for a while.

I'm in the mood to search for another grail.

I'm looking for one of the following

Blue 88 SG Showcase edition
Ferrari Red 88 SG Showcase edition
2018 Blue LP Custom Blackout
Ferrari Red LP Custom
Gibson XPL double cut Ferrari Red - non trem
Ferrari Red Studio Standard
1992-3 Candy Blue SG

Here is the grail I nabbed, it is not a Gibson but it haunted me ever since I was 15 and the guy at Guitar Center told me I couldn't play it unless I could afford it.

Last edited:

Texas_Baby_Huey

Reaction score
bumps. I'd say honestly every 4-5 years I get a bug up my ass about buying a guitar, but it lasts about 6 months when I don't find what I'm looking for and I wait another few years.

What do you have?

Texas_Baby_Huey

Reaction score
Bumping this again.

I really would ideally like a blue Blackout from last year. Any LP that is Ferrari red with binding on the neck, Studio Standard, LP Standard or custom. Even an XPL

MSB

Reaction score
how bad do you want a FR studio standard?

Texas_Baby_Huey

Reaction score
I have the opportunity to buy a red Blackout from 2018. I like the red and I'd be paying slightly less than full price. It's not a deal but if I'm about to go that far anyone have the Blue Blackout for sale. This isn't a rush thing.

Apollo11capcom

Reaction score
These douche bag sales people don't seem to realize that these young kids will grow up a little more and have money in their pocket. There's one music shop ill still never do business with because of how they treated me when I was a teen... 30 years ago.

Texas_Baby_Huey

Reaction score
well in his defense, after I worked at GC for years, I probably would have just played smells like teen spirit or something that would have annoyed everyone. But it literally took 22 years before I actually got to see this iceman in person again.

I watched the Jay Yuenger on ebay since about 2002ish. If I was lucky maybe one a year would show up. There was a couple of years where one wouldn't show up. Even with my holy grail Gibsons I would see them frequently enough, although the prices on some have unjustly gone through the roof.

Apollo11capcom

Reaction score
Teen spirit, stairway to heaven, sweet child o mine.... I think hearing every kid's horrible rendition of those is the price you pay for working there I guess.