WTB: Quality Guitar for 15 Year Old Daughter

jstarr823

Starr Guitar Works
Premium Member
Reaction score
The quarantine has been rough on my 15 year old daughter. She rifles through her school work pretty quick each day and she’s looking for a new hobby to curb the boredom. She has expressed interest in guitar, but her old Squier Mini is now too small.

I could go buy something suitable from a local shop, but I thought I’d check here first. I’d like to get her a quality, yet semi affordable guitar that she won’t outgrow or struggle with... something that she can also take some pride in. Shoot me a message if you’ve got something and need to bring in some cash.

LPCM&BFG

Reaction score
Why not let her pick the guitar? Part of liking the hobby is liking the instrument that you are playing.

In terms of which one, that's hard to know as it may depend on her physical size, size of her hands (I don't care what some people say, even with my huge hands, I have trouble with 25.5" necks, hence preference for Gibson 24.75).

Were I in your shoes, and looking at electrics, I would look at a PRS SE. More "modern" looking that a Strat or Gibson, and the colour choice is quite varied.

Last edited:

Roxy13

Reaction score
I'd let her choose as well. I just got a lefty singlecut for my 14 year old niece for the same reason. She's bored out of her mind right now with all her sports cancelled and being shut in. My niece is 6' tall though if you can believe that so a LP type should be fine for her. I did show it to her first before I bid and she said that's so cool!

What price range are you looking in? I might have a MIJ singlecut that would suit her. It's a black/charcoal/tan quilty top and weighs 9.27lb if you think that would be something she'd like.

jstarr823

Starr Guitar Works
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the input, guys. She’s like her dad, partial to Gibsons. Mostly the LP. We’ve looked at several Strats & Teles too. I showed her the DC Junior and she doesn’t much like the shape. Hoping I can hunt down a nice Studio. She likes the LP Singlecut Melody Maker too, but those are hard to come by for a reasonable price.

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the input, guys. She’s like her dad, partial to Gibsons. Mostly the LP. We’ve looked at several Strats & Teles too. I showed her the DC Junior and she doesn’t much like the shape. Hoping I can hunt down a nice Studio. She likes the LP Singlecut Melody Maker too, but those are hard to come by for a reasonable price.
Nothing in the old man’s exceptional collection?

LP1865

Reaction score
From a 15 year old point of view, (which I am), an Epi would be a good idea if you are starting off as a guitarist. Its cheap so even if you ditch the hobby, you're not at a great loss. Try to looking up the Epi sales thread, theres a LQ series MIJ LP there.

myoldfriend

Suffers from GAS
Reaction score
Probably could have saved quite a few people's time & effort if you had shared this out of the gate :facepalm:

Latest Threads