WTB: Made in Germany Bridge Screws

Daniel.S

Reaction score
Hey guys! Looking to buy one or a couple 1970/80 Nashville bridge screws to replace one of mine.
The new ones they make seem to be smaller than the old ones.
Thanks!

DarrellV

just Livin' the Dream....
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, if you want the Schaller OEM screws you might try ordering right from them..

This is a link for a set of saddles, clips, and screws for a Schaller made TOM.

They are in Germany, so you should be able to get them to ship to you.

https://schaller.info/en/replacement-kits-for-bridges/310/gtm-saddles-set-of-6?number=22020106&c=40

I can say from my own experience, that I have used Gibson screws and saddles interchangeably on my Heritage 535 in the past.

That guitar came with a Schaller roller bridge with these type of saddles.

I needed more travel to intonate it, so I swapped the rollers out with Gibson saddles and re-used the same screws.

Schaller no hole roller bridge with Gibson saddles...

XpensiveWino

Reaction score
Just busting your chops! It's almost like you snuck them in on purpose. Very subtle. You don't see 'em right 'til the end!! Well played.

(Chuckling to myself. This is a fun place.)

DarrellV

Premium Member
Reaction score
Just busting your chops! It's almost like you snuck them in on purpose. Very subtle. You don't see 'em right 'til the end!! Well played.

(Chuckling to myself. This is a fun place.)
I love it too! :dude:

My favorites are the snipe attacks, like this one.... out of the blue unexpected chance for a free chuckle!

Love it!

@HardCore Troubadour is famous for torpedoing me too! Damn showoff that I am! :laugh2:

Of course our OP is a gracious host and lets me cut up in his threads! :cheers:

Daniel.S

Reaction score
Hey guys should I just buy a new bridge? And just put the old one in it’s case.
E68549F9-EF77-4D7A-A76C-36888D78622C.jpeg
CAF9ECC1-90C4-4B82-91E0-963D554A2879.jpeg
60BC4B0F-4A79-40AF-80D8-E65CBCFC3252.jpeg
2B462220-787F-49F7-BBA8-51BA4DD509AF.jpeg

DarrellV

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey guys should I just buy a new bridge? And just put the old one in it’s case.
View attachment 425565View attachment 425566View attachment 425567View attachment 425568
That's always a good option if you want to spend the money..

These bridges are old, they have been played and beat on by folks before you, sometimes notched improperly, rusty, crusty and hard to move...

Lots of reasons really.. I prefer new bridges on mine so I can set them up the way I like.

hamerfan

Reaction score
Daniel S, you should look into a Faber ABR with Inserts for Nashville size. This will help you to get the stoptailpiece down, while the strings are still free off the bridge edge.

Daniel.S

Reaction score
Daniel S, you should look into a Faber ABR with Inserts for Nashville size. This will help you to get the stoptailpiece down, while the strings are still free off the bridge edge.
No thanks man! I prefer my tailpiece to be almost level with the strings so there is almost no break over the bridge saddles.
I prefer the Nashville to ABR, more intonation room and bigger is better. :D

DarrellV

Premium Member
Reaction score
No thanks man! I prefer my tailpiece to be almost level with the strings so there is almost no break over the bridge saddles.
I prefer the Nashville to ABR, more intonation room and bigger is better. :D
WoW! Something else I like about you! :cheers:

I was starting to feel all alone on this island of misfit tailpiece raisers! :laugh2:

Daniel.S

Reaction score
That's always a good option if you want to spend the money..

These bridges are old, they have been played and beat on by folks before you, sometimes notched improperly, rusty, crusty and hard to move...

Lots of reasons really.. I prefer new bridges on mine so I can set them up the way I like.
Oh yeah, the reason I need a new screw is because one of the heads snapped off. The intonation is close, but not perfect.
And like you can see in the photos, the saddles look a bit worn.

hamerfan

Reaction score
I use Fabers in both ways. On my Tokai i use a medium strings set .011 and a high tailpiece with spacers between the tailpiece and the top. That gives a lower tension with thicker strings. With my Pauls i use .010 string set and the tailpiece down on the top. That gives more sustain and growl for rock tones.

Daniel.S

Reaction score
I use Fabers in both ways. On my Tokai i use a medium strings set .011 and a high tailpiece with spacers between the tailpiece and the top. That gives a lower tension with thicker strings. With my Pauls i use .010 string set and the tailpiece down on the top. That gives more sustain and growl for rock tones.
I never noticed any difference with the tailpiece lower. It only makes the strings easier to play. ;)

grumphh

Reaction score
That gives a lower tension with thicker strings.
I don't care about how you (or others) set up their guitars - but this is patently wrong.

The tension of the strings is solely determined by the tuning (and scale length).
Change the tension and the pitch changes, since the scalelength doesn't. Physics.

If you need XX lbs. of pull (=tension) to reach an A for a given string gauge, this number will not change, regardless of the angle of the strings behind the bridge or the nut.
- all you get with a lower break angle is less downpressure on the bridge, which is good because it prevents flimsy bridges from collapsing..