WTB LPC 79-82 in Silverburst

Daniel.S

Reaction score
Well, more than the average for that era, condition and guitar. I'm not only LH but located in Aus.....So I don't have much of an insight into the local market.
I just know that like a 1970s white Custom has a premium on its price due to the Randy factor, the original era silverburst has the Tool premium. And getting a good condition of such a desired guitar will most likely attract a greater premium than a generic custom.
Ah gotcha. Thought maybe you had an idea of how much more they’re ‘worth’. No probs

Hath74

Reaction score
Ah gotcha. Thought maybe you had an idea of how much more they’re ‘worth’. No probs
I went through this search about a year ago seems like prices were between 3000 - 4500. I only saw one sell for less than 3k and it had an open route from a previous khaler install. I ended up paying 3700 for my 81. I absolutely love mine no regrets.

Good luck on the search hope you find a good one.

Here is a pic of mine.

Daniel.S

Reaction score
I went through this search about a year ago seems like prices were between 3000 - 4500. I only saw one sell for less than 3k and it had an open route from a previous khaler install. I ended up paying 3700 for my 81. I absolutely love mine no regrets.

Good luck on the search hope you find a good one.

Here is a pic of mine.
View attachment 392635
Awesome man! That’s a beautiful guitar! Thanks for the pic!
Yours has the perfect amount of burst for me.

kmasters68

Reaction score
It depends on your budget. I have a VGC LP Custom SB made in 1978. First year they were made. I have one of only 36 made that year. Original case, one owner and original receipt. I paid $3,200. If someone offered me 5K, I'd let her go.

Daniel.S

Reaction score
It depends on your budget. I have a VGC LP Custom SB made in 1978. First year they were made. I have one of only 36 made that year. Original case, one owner and original receipt. I paid $3,200. If someone offered me 5K, I'd let her go.
Post a pic man!

DarrellV

just Livin' the Dream....
Premium Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Daniel.S

Reaction score
Damn no volute on that one! Back looks a bit hacked too.
I also prefer a smaller burst with a thicker boarder. :fingersx:
Edit: Hmm after some thought maybe I like the larger burst. I just want one in good condition that isn’t $7k hahaha

Last edited:

Daniel.S

Reaction score
Still looking!!
After hours of looking and research it seems that the late 78-81’s are the ones I want with the volute and 3 piece maple neck.
82’s seem to have the more traditional body shape and mahogany neck.