WTB - LP with this kind of top

mfolet

Reaction score
Call Curt at The House of guitars they did a run of these called 90s burst.They are a sponsor here.

Rezamatix

Reaction score
Call Curt at The House of guitars they did a run of these called 90s burst.They are a sponsor here.
yea. not entirely the same. im looking for the darker contrast ish. seems like a joe Perry kind of vibe. also, Curt wont send pictures in normal lighting.

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know that look can be achieved by staining black then sanding back the top before finishing (like PRS does) but I think those photos have the contrast cranked up which is exaggerating the look. You can tell by the shadow details on his hand.

Rezamatix

Reaction score
I know that look can be achieved by staining black then sanding back the top before finishing (like PRS does) but I think those photos have the contrast cranked up which is exaggerating the look. You can tell by the shadow details on his hand.
could be the brightness of the stage lights too tho...

markguitar

MLP Sponsor
Reaction score
That’s a mid to late ‘90’s R9 with an enhanced big leaf western maple top. You won’t find anything in recent years like that. And a killer top like that from the ‘90’s will still bring 10-12K.