WTB: Looking for Another Nice Studio FOUND ONE!

jstarr823

Reaction score
Still on the hunt for that "keeper" Studio. Anyone?

Scooter2112

Reaction score
Keep looking, brother. They’re definitely worth the wait. I have a ‘95 Alpine White (not for sale) that is easily the most vocal and resonant guitar that I own.

jstarr823

Reaction score
Keep looking, brother. They’re definitely worth the wait. I have a ‘95 Alpine White (not for sale) that is easily the most vocal and resonant guitar that I own.
Agreed. I let 2 different Studios go that I no totally regret... a 96 in Alpine White with Ebony Board and a 14 Pro in Candy in Tobacco Burst. Both of them pretty much smoked my Trads & Standards.

Still on the hunt!

Doc Holliday

Reaction score
Agreed. I let 2 different Studios go that I no totally regret... a 96 in Alpine White with Ebony Board and a 14 Pro in Candy in Tobacco Burst. Both of them pretty much smoked my Trads & Standards.

Still on the hunt!
Would you consider your Trads and Standards Case Queens? The reason I ask is that my theory is people tend to really lay into their Studio's play them harder and have more fun with them because they are not so expensive.

jstarr823

Reaction score
Would you consider your Trads and Standards Case Queens? The reason I ask is that my theory is people tend to really lay into their Studio's play them harder and have more fun with them because they are not so expensive.
My motivation for finding a nice Studio isn't predicated on keeping my others "case queens." I just recently started a regular once a week jam session with friends, and I'd rather not mix alcohol and a cramped jam room with the higher end stuff.

jstarr823

Reaction score
Have you considered new? I just picked up a new studio, and absolutely love it.
I'd wouldn't mind, but a new Studio is in the price range of a used Traditional. Plus, I'm ideally holding out for an Alpine White... Which they no longer offer.

Robert Parker

Reaction score
How about a Studio Lite? This one isn't mine, but I have one just like it. It's a fantastic guitar, very light, very resonant. It just needs different pickups unless you like 'em hot. '60's profile neck, so that's something to consider.

freak

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
I'd wouldn't mind, but a new Studio is in the price range of a used Traditional. Plus, I'm ideally holding out for an Alpine White... Which they no longer offer.
Awesome choice...…..I got my Studio for $1199. actually, $1099, as it was dinged a bit in the back (not a lot, barely noticeable, but still)….Guitar Center has a nice sale going on now. Picked mine up Friday, and could not put it down.

jstarr823

Reaction score
How about a Studio Lite? This one isn't mine, but I have one just like it. It's a fantastic guitar, very light, very resonant. It just needs different pickups unless you like 'em hot. '60's profile neck, so that's something to consider.

A Custom Lite, maybe. But in my mind, I really like something about a "proper" Studio. Aside from that, $1000 is a little steep for something in that condition.

jstarr823

Reaction score
Awesome choice...…..I got my Studio for $1199. actually, $1099, as it was dinged a bit in the back (not a lot, barely noticeable, but still)….Guitar Center has a nice sale going on now. Picked mine up Friday, and could not put it down.
I do like the new Studios with the bound neck and Ultra modern weight relieved body. But once again, $1200 + tax puts me in the used Trad territory. Actually, for $1199, I'd just buy one of those Classic Player models. They're basically a full blown bound LP with a satin finish. They've got them at every Guitar Center in my area.

The Ballzz

Reaction score
@jstarr823
Personally, I like the the non-bound necks of the Studios, as I see the "nibs" as wasted playing space. I have an all black (including hardware) 1988 dot-neck that is a beast of a workhorse! I also have a white 1997, ebony FB, with P94 pups and very light fret wear. Absolutely stellar! Depending on where you are located, I may consider parting with the white one. :hmm:

Just Sayin'
Gene

jstarr823

Reaction score
@jstarr823
Personally, I like the the non-bound necks of the Studios, as I see the "nibs" as wasted playing space. I have an all black (including hardware) 1988 dot-neck that is a beast of a workhorse! I also have a white 1997, ebony FB, with P94 pups and very light fret wear. Absolutely stellar! Depending on where you are located, I may consider parting with the white one. :hmm:

Just Sayin'
Gene
Message me on that white one!

MichaelAndrew3435

Premium Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a Studio to play at rehearsals for this exact reason. Dropping a $600 guitar sucks, but I'll get over it. Dropping a $1600 guitar would be borderline devastating. I leave my fancy stuff at home.

Anyways, I really like the Studio Faded models from the late 2000's. I've had two and liked them much better than any other Studio or Tribute model I've played.

judson

Reaction score
here are a few white ones under $1k, the 3rd one has an ebony fretboard and the last one as well from Olivia's Vintage...

these threads make me super happy i kept my 90 & 93...they are great, prices have climbed but you can still find deals

one more that i thought was interesting....ebony necks attract me like flies on a turd....and its not too bad a price for a 93

Last edited:

jstarr823

Reaction score
here are a few white ones under $1k, the 3rd one has an ebony fretboard and the last one as well from Olivia's Vintage...

these threads make me super happy i kept my 90 & 93...they are great, prices have climbed but you can still find deals

one more that i thought was interesting....ebony necks attract me like flies on a turd....and its not too bad a price for a 93

Thanks. Yes, sir! I’ve looked at every last one of those. Placed an offer on one and waiting to bid on one. Passing on the one with the maple fretboard, the one for a grand with finish flaws, and the Lite. Plus, I’ve scoured Reverb from top to bottom. I want a nice Studio, but I refuse to pay near Traditional prices. It’s shocking how much some of these sellers want for Studios.