WTB: Les Paul Husk or Kit

C Squared

Reaction score
Mods: Please delete if not allowed. I didn't see anything in the rules specifically about looking for kits, only posting.

Looking for a good husk or kit to do some mods on. Was about to order from Precision but figured I'd see if someone has one already sitting around.

Key things I'm looking for:
1.695/43mm nut width
12" radius , preferably a 60ish neck profile
1 or 2 pc body with a carved maple cap. Mahogany preferred, open to other good woods, just not a 4, or 5, or 13 pc body
Ebony board preferred. Wenge, rosewood, kingwood, cocobolo would be great as well. Not a fan of granadillo or pau ferro

What I would be really stoked to find is a board with no inlays at all. Which is what I would be ordering from PGK

csquaredmusicstudios@yahoo.com is my email and I'm in the US. If you have something laying around email me with specs, pics especially of the body and the fingerboard, and asking price.

Thanks

bad565ss

Reaction score
Search Bian Xeubin on Facebook. He will build it however you want. He is in China but his kits are highly regarded. I have a Junior kit from him and it's real good. Otherwise I would recommend Precision Guitars in Canada.

ExNihilo

Reaction score
First, I realize that this is NOT what you are looking for, but I have a very high end husk that I would be willing to sell (again, being a vintage replica, it is not what you are looking for and is probably much more money than you were looking to spend): 1 piece genuine Honduran mahogany body, royalite binding, Madagascar rosewood fingerboard with cellulose nitrate inlays, etc. etc. etc. I was planning on finishing it and selling it as a completed guitar, but would be willing to sell just the husk for $1,500.

Here is a link to the guitar. I have the neck on it now and will take some more pictures of it today. 2020 Les Paul Build