WTB: Les Paul Custom Lite with Floyd Rose!

Geezzzer

Reaction score
Hi all! I am a newbie but have loved Les Pauls forever!! I have a white 1986 Standard and am trying to find myself a Custom Lite with a Floyd Rose. Any color.
Please help!
Cory :slash:

Deftone

Reaction score
Good luck, I'd like to have one myself. They're very rare and usually people don't want to sell them.

Custom53

Reaction score
You are going to have better luck getting an Axcess. It does have the thinner body if that is what you're looking for...

Deftone

Reaction score
You are going to have better luck getting an Axcess. It does have the thinner body if that is what you're looking for...

No, Axcess has a thick body like normal Les Pauls.

b3john

Reaction score
No, Axcess has a thick body like normal Les Pauls.
The Axcess definitely has a thinner body compared to other Les Pauls.

Trust the two guys on this thread who own one to know. :laugh2:

Deftone

Reaction score

Ok, I've played an Axcess at GC like most people have. Plus I've owned two Custom lites and a Studio Lite as well as a couple of normal LP's. The Axcess is "Slightly thinner" according to Gibson.

The Axcess isn't anywhere near as thin as a Custom or Studio lite. I'm talking SG thin. :thumb:

REF:
Les Paul Axcess Standard: The 'Ultimate Player

Caine

Reaction score

I have had both an Axcess and a Custom Lite. The Axcess is just a tad thinner than a regular LP but the Custom Lite is about a full 1/3 thinner.

I'd also like to find one with a factory Floyd. Sometimes they show up on eBay but I am particular to the color and I don't like the most common colors. I think the most common Custom Lites are the ones that are something like an ugly purple/pink--the one that is shown in the ad--which there is often copies of for sale on eBay. The next most common seem to be the traditional ebony scheme, and the least common seem to be the tobacco burst ones--I have one of those in hard tail (although I have a stetsbar on it right now). I have never seen one of the burst ones with a Floyd but have seen the others in eBay with factory Floyds--but that has been by looking from time to time over a period of years. They don't show up with Floyds very often.

Deftone

Reaction score
I have had both an Axcess and a Custom Lite. The Axcess is just a tad thinner than a regular LP but the Custom Lite is about a full 1/3 thinner.

I'd also like to find one with a factory Floyd. Sometimes they show up on eBay but I am particular to the color and I don't like the most common colors. I think the most common Custom Lites are the ones that are something like an ugly purple/pink--the one that is shown in the ad--which there is often copies of for sale on eBay. The next most common seem to be the traditional ebony scheme, and the least common seem to be the tobacco burst ones--I have one of those in hard tail (although I have a stetsbar on it right now). I have never seen one of the burst ones with a Floyd but have seen the others in eBay with factory Floyds--but that has been by looking from time to time over a period of years. They don't show up with Floyds very often.

I've been watching them for years now as well. Tobacco burst is very rare, so is silverburst.

My 1st LPCL was an '88 Cherryburst but I wanted a black one so I picked up an '87 and eventually sold the cherryburst. Then I found a black '89 Studio Lite with a Floyd. Same body as the Custom Lite, but the neck is a baseball bat. Doesn't matter much to me, it's a thin LP with a floyd.

carydad

Reaction score
Axcess is thinner and lighter-pretty cheesed I guess. I have 2 and a third on the way. I was hunting for an LITE for a while but the same red ones kept coming up. There was a spotlight one that was pretty cool on ebay a while back. Good luck on the search.

Deftone

Reaction score

Latest Threads