WTB: Gibson Les Paul G0 VOS Lemonburst

Apollo11capcom

Reaction score
I'm looking for a Gibson Les Paul G0 VOS Lemonburst, let me know if you have one for sale.

Lkdog

Reaction score
There is this R0 in Minn/St. Paul at reasonable price.

Apollo11capcom

Reaction score
There is this R0 in Minn/St. Paul at reasonable price.
Thanks for the heads up, I'm really hoping to land a lemonburst g0. That is nice mint r0 for the money, flames and all.

Apollo11capcom

Reaction score
The one above is a CS, I'm looking for the earlier VOS, with long neck tenon, etc.

Please let me know if anyone has one.

Ozzy

Reaction score
The one above is a CS, I'm looking for the earlier VOS, with long neck tenon, etc.

Please let me know if anyone has one.
Technically, what you're looking for IS a CS (Custom Shop). VOS is the finish (non gloss). And the Craigslist posting R0 will have a along neck tennon but is a gloss model... yuck for a reissue imo.

Just a friendly clearification as specs can get all over the place.

Good luck with the hunt!

Apollo11capcom

Reaction score
Technically, what you're looking for IS a CS (Custom Shop). VOS is the finish (non gloss). And the Craigslist posting R0 will have a along neck tennon but is a gloss model... yuck for a reissue imo.

Just a friendly clearification as specs can get all over the place.

Good luck with the hunt!
From what I've read the newer 'CS' designation would likely indicate a short or transitional tenon. That's what I've read and noticed in pics anyway, I have no personal experience with any VOS newer than about 2006. At any rate, I'll know it when it when I see it- long tenon, bumblebee caps, tortoise shell side fret markers, etc.

Ozzy

Reaction score
From what I've read the newer 'CS' designation would likely indicate a short or transitional tenon. That's what I've read and noticed in pics anyway, I have no personal experience with any VOS newer than about 2006. At any rate, I'll know it when it when I see it- long tenon, bumblebee caps, tortoise shell side fret markers, etc.
The "CS" designation is on the serial number. These guitar are not re-issues (ex: an ebony les paul custom with a cs serial is not a reissue guitar and will have a short tennon) but IS a custom shop production instrument. The posting is not a "CS", as it is indeed a Reissue. We also use "CS" as short for custom shop on the forum. Slang per say.

There were indeed a run of r7's that had a short tennon (early 2016 i think) that were not disclosed and people started to freak out, but these did not appear on r0's :)

THDNUT

Reaction score
I have an '05 G0 lemonburst I might sell. It is near mint. It would have to be a local sale because I don't want to ship it.

It's the same color as the one in the Craigslist ad above ^^^^^^^

I live in Phoenix.

Apollo11capcom

Reaction score
The "CS" designation is on the serial number. These guitar are not re-issues (ex: an ebony les paul custom with a cs serial is not a reissue guitar and will have a short tennon) but IS a custom shop production instrument. The posting is not a "CS", as it is indeed a Reissue. We also use "CS" as short for custom shop on the forum. Slang per say.

There were indeed a run of r7's that had a short tennon (early 2016 i think) that were not disclosed and people started to freak out, but these did not appear on r0's :)
Ok, now I see where we crossed our lines- the first ad up top is described as a BOTB based guitar, and other than the items that make it such is otherwise a CS. I've been assuming that was known when I shouldn't have been.

Apollo11capcom

Reaction score
Pontiackendall thank you, I'll check that out.

THDNUT, I'd certainly be interested, but unfortunately I can't make a trip to Phoenix for it. Im 3k miles from you.