WTB: Gibson Les Paul Custom Long Scale

ErictheRed

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Like the title says, I'm looking for a 2014 Gibson Les Paul Custom Long Scale, preferably with the 60s neck and iced tea, but I'm open to any specs. I actually found one to purchase, but it looks like the seller found a local buyer and decided not to ship it.

Message me what you have, thanks!

1606851607537.png

Last edited:

ErictheRed

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It looks like I found one, probably my last bump; fingers crossed...

ErictheRed

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Aaannndd it looks like my seller has refunded my payment and had decided to keep it. Ooof, these are hard to find.

Bump, I'm really interested in getting one of these if possible!

Last edited:

thenutbehindtheguitar

Reaction score
There's one on Reverb right now

Are you specifically wanting a Gibson brand long scale les paul ? Or would a non Gibson les paul do it for you? I want a Les Paul type guitar with a 25.5 inch scale and also a wider neck (48mm). I've been looking at some of the higher end les paul kits and wondering if they would make me a custom neck to go with their body.
Bye

ErictheRed

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
There's one on Reverb right now

Are you specifically wanting a Gibson brand long scale les paul ? Or would a non Gibson les paul do it for you? I want a Les Paul type guitar with a 25.5 inch scale and also a wider neck (48mm). I've been looking at some of the higher end les paul kits and wondering if they would make me a custom neck to go with their body.
Bye
I actually saw that one, but wasn't a big fan of the price, dings, missing knobs, neck size (I'd prefer a 60s), etc. Still, Guitar Showcase is only about 45 minutes from me and I'll try to go check it out in person if possible soon.

I'd prefer this particular model guitar, but I'm open to others if they're out there. I want a Les Paul style guitar with two pickups, independent volume and tone controls, Tune-o-matic bridge and all of that. I don't really need one, but this is a very interesting guitar to me and if I find a good one (I had before, but the seller decided not to sell it), then I'd love to buy one.

Last edited:

ErictheRed

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Bump, still looking for one. I actually played the one on Reverb referenced earlier in person, and wasn't very impressed. They're also asking more for a used, fairly dinged up guitar not in that great of shape than it sold for new!

If there's one out there for a reasonable price (these were $4,699 new, and then when dealers couldn't move them in 2015 they were blowing them out new for about $3,200 give or take) I'm definitely interested.

kakerlak

Reaction score
Probably rarer than the Gibsons, but Chandler made some super nice '59-style replicas years ago that were Fender scale.

ErictheRed

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Probably rarer than the Gibsons, but Chandler made some super nice '59-style replicas years ago that were Fender scale.
Interesting, I'll keep that in mind. I see a couple of completed listings on Reverb. Any idea as to the quality of those guitars?

kakerlak

Reaction score
Interesting, I'll keep that in mind. I see a couple of completed listings on Reverb. Any idea as to the quality of those guitars?
There are some threads about them here and there on the internet, but it's been a while (could well be some here in the other single cuts section). I'm thinking they were high end MIJ, if my memory is correct. I've never seen one in person -- I think features vary a bit. This is all from memory, but I think there were some that were ash-bodied and some that were one or two piece mahogany and I think there were both plain two-iece tops and some truly stunning one piece quilt tops. I do believe they're all 25.5", though, regardless of other specs.

ErictheRed

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
There are some threads about them here and there on the internet, but it's been a while (could well be some here in the other single cuts section). I'm thinking they were high end MIJ, if my memory is correct. I've never seen one in person -- I think features vary a bit. This is all from memory, but I think there were some that were ash-bodied and some that were one or two piece mahogany and I think there were both plain two-iece tops and some truly stunning one piece quilt tops. I do believe they're all 25.5", though, regardless of other specs.
Cool, thanks for the heads up!

Latest Threads