WTB: Fender Thicknecked Strat

HJR

Reaction score
Hello all, I am looking to pick up a Fender Thin Skin Strat in burst. Thanks for any help.

ErictheRed

Reaction score
I just sold mine a month ago, kind of regret it. Good luck!

Reactions: HJR

HJR

Reaction score

BigJim

Reaction score
Thanks BigJim, unfortunately sold. Probably should add I’d prefer the 59. I prefer a rosewood fretboard with a D neck.
There is a "HotRod 62" on there now, probably the best production neck Fender has ever released...

HJR

Reaction score
There is a "HotRod 62" on there now, probably the best production neck Fender has ever released...
Thanks BigJim, the link isn't working. I did a search for it and nothing is popping up.

BigJim

Reaction score
Do they delete posts after they sell on TGP? That’s a bummer if it sold. Thanks again for the heads up!
They used to archive "sold" listings, not sure if that is still the case since they recently changed hosting software.

Pop1655

Premium Member
Reaction score
Just an FYI comment: I've had many Strats, including a Wildwood 54 AVRI thin skin. It was a really, really nice piece. For me though, it wasn't the end all Strat. I'd suggest you broaden your search a little. I think there's a lot of em out there that are great pieces.

Brazilnut

Reaction score
This is not a Thin Skin. Although it is very thin lacquer....with CS 59s.

HJR

Reaction score
Just an FYI comment: I've had many Strats, including a Wildwood 54 AVRI thin skin. It was a really, really nice piece. For me though, it wasn't the end all Strat. I'd suggest you broaden your search a little. I think there's a lot of em out there that are great pieces.
I appreciate any guidance that could be given. I have turned to the wildwoods, because I have owned or tried out a few (a MIM, an American Standard, an AVRI 62 and currently have a MIJ 62 w/ 57/62 pickups and a 920D 50s wiring harness) and I have loved/liked many aspects of them and really enjoy the tone of my current strat with those pickups and harness. I just can't come to terms with the neck. I started on an epi LP with a thick neck and when I have moved to an LP with a thinner neck, I don't really connect with them. Currently I have an R8 and an R0 LP Special which has a '58 style neck and I just love them. I have tried one thicker necked strat and it felt more natural to me. SO I am hoping that my be the right sauce for me. From my research, those wildwood thin skins are the most consistently fatter necked strats, without going custom shop. So really what I am looking for is a thicker necked strat model. I do have the preference for a rosewood fretboard, but otherwise I am opened minded to other models I may not be aware of, so any suggestions are welcomed. Thanks for replying to my post.

Pop1655

Premium Member
Reaction score
They are a great piece. Gotta respect a guy who knows what he wants! Good luck with the hunt.

Reactions: HJR

Brazilnut

Reaction score
Yeah, like a nice, light early Eric Johnson. yum!

Latest Threads