WTB: Fender American Stratocaster ($750)

judson

Reaction score
i just grabbed another used fender strat MIK with silver fender logo for $200 didnt need it but my other three play so great at $200 i could not resist...the rosewood neck alone is worth $125

if he is a young kid, guy...get him a strat with a working trem and let him go nuts....

les pauls are old man guitars to a kid..

they like the strat design better without a doubt ...and pls dont let him think its needs to stay pristine whatever you get...and tell him it is a tool not a dam museum piece...play the hell out of it!!!!!

i remember my first electic was a strat copy, silvertone amp with built in tremolo plus the strat had a wammy bar...

drove everyone in the house crazy that xmas morning just hiting an E chord and grabbing the wiggle stick..fun times!

i still get people yelling at me to this day to TURN THAT SHIT DOWN!!!!!......... :hmm:

Last edited:

MoJoe77

Reaction score
Adorama always has some decent deals they had a strat and tele up for $479 looks like the strat is gone but Tele still there in Lake Placid Blue, they're MIM as far as I know but not bad prices for new:

space

Reaction score
I have an Ibanez Roadstar II for sale fantastic guitar to start on, and keep
Also have an Ibanez ST50 though thats with 24 frets may not be as comfy for him
Both MIJ

ajory72

Reaction score
I have an Ibanez Roadstar II for sale fantastic guitar to start on, and keep
Also have an Ibanez ST50 though thats with 24 frets may not be as comfy for him
Both MIJ
I love guitars made in Japan :)

They seem to just work, no issues... I have a Tokai 1982 Silver Star - all black % 100% original parts, and the pick ups, my god! I've never changed them out as are just perfect... straight off the bat perfectly made copy of a 70's Fender Bullet Stratocaster... its the bottom end model and I bought it off eBay for $650 AUD (Australian Dollars) I couldn't believe it when I unboxed it that it would be so good (I'd planned to part it out as the pickups are grey backs)...but kept it as couldnt part with it.

I love those Japanese guitars!

space

Reaction score
I love guitars made in Japan :)

They seem to just work, no issues... I have a Tokai 1982 Silver Star - all black % 100% original parts, and the pick ups, my god! I've never changed them out as are just perfect... straight off the bat perfectly made copy of a 70's Fender Bullet Stratocaster... its the bottom end model and I bought it off eBay for $650 AUD (Australian Dollars) I couldn't believe it when I unboxed it that it would be so good (I'd planned to part it out as the pickups are grey backs)...but kept it as couldnt part with it.

I love those Japanese guitars!
Best strat and tele's Ive ever owned were Ibanez

DarthPaul

Premium Member
Reaction score
OK.
By the time I went to order the Lake Placid Tele, they were sold out (even though the website said differently).
Now things have gotten off the rails because my brother believes we can find an American Fender within our budget.
I told him from the beginning that there was no was in Hell we were going to find one at that price.
Anyways, I've spent the past few days canvassing the interwebs for cheap USA fenders.
It ain't happening.
I told him that if we bumped it up a few hundred we'd have a little more variety.
Most LEGIT American Fenders seem to start in the $700 - $800 range.
I've found more than a few questionable guitars while searching.
Misleading titles, mishmash mutts, and outright scams.

I need to take a break for the sake of sanity.

I'll still keep all suggestions in mind.
Thanks again.

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
Yup... US-made is not going to be $500 unless it's been beaten to shit or is a Partscaster.
New? Cheapest is the American Special/American Performer, and it's still over a grand.

I think the only US-Made anything you're going to get for under a grand is a Les Paul Jr Tribute... and that's up there with the Mexican Fenders.

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
Can mum and dad add $200? Jeez, this is beautiful and a steal at $700, delivered.

DarthPaul

Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh, it's gotten even more ridiculous.
Now it's up to $750.

The target is more specific though: Fender American Stratocaster

I'm a bit embarrassed after all the help I got.
I would say that I never should have involved someone else, but at least it won't be a Walmart guitar now.
My apologies to all who feel like a bit of their time was wasted.
I'm thinking of changing the title of the thread to mirror the current objective.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can mum and dad add $200? Jeez, this is beautiful and a steal at $700, delivered.

P90s on a heavy hog body makes me moist in all my special places.... Dayum.....

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
Oh, it's gotten even more ridiculous.
Now it's up to $750.

The target is more specific though: Fender American Stratocaster

I'm a bit embarrassed after all the help I got.
I would say that I never should have involved someone else, but at least it won't be a Walmart guitar now.
My apologies to all who feel like a bit of their time was wasted.
I'm thinking of changing the title of the thread to mirror the current objective.
You RAWK, Unkie Paul!

Last edited:

Caretaker

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
I have a partcaster for sale in the gilmour inspired thread.
$700 shipped. Look at the description and see if it meets your needs.

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
Use this email link (don't search directly)
UPON CHECKOUT, USE THE SECRET EMAIL CODE = FALLSALE

This is the American Performer, which is the updated version of the Highway-One/American Special.
It comes with a gig bag, no hard case, and no micro-tilt, but it IS a brand new made-in-Corona Strat.
I have an American Special and it is very nice.
Adorama is an authorized Fender dealer, so the warranty is valid. This will only be a short-term sale and when they're gone they're gone.

guitaraddict

Premium Member
Reaction score
I have this one, super clean and plays extremely nice.

• Love
Reactions: Who

DesolationBlvd

Reaction score
Where are you? I currently have a Strat for trade but might be willing to sell if it's somewhere I can drive in a day trip.