WTB Blue burst silver sparkle Gibson Les Paul Custom

KS 5150

Reaction score
My recollection is that you had sold one to Ace?!?

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
My recollection is that you had sold one to Ace?!?
No, I sold one to a friend. That friend sold it to someone else. Two years later it ended up on ebay and a different friend who knows Ace bought it and turned it into a smoker. He loaned it to Ace for a year. Ace used it nearly every night for his smoker routine. My friend got the guitar back and sold to someone else. Now it sits in a museum in Europe.

KS 5150

Reaction score
Cool! Thanks for telling the story. I recall it was in the "Fire And Water" video :thumb:

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I was looking through Blue Les Pauls on Reverb yesterday and think I saw one.

I want a Candy Apple Blue LP Custom, but the prices are bananas.
Really, I have been scouring Reverb with no luck! Can you provide a link?

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Is there a year of production and what was the exact name. I'll canvas the area.
They made them between 2007 - 2009 in small quantities. The ones in 2007-2008 had backs that were black or blue or white. The ones in 2009 (preferable) had the blue burst silver sparkle on the top, back, sides, neck, and back of the head. I always referred to it as a blue burst silver sparkle.

Crotch

Triggered
Premium Member
Reaction score
I will take a look around and see if I can find anything. I've actually reached out to reverb sellers off old ads and asked if they know who they sold to. I mean if you're really jonesing for it. In just a quick search I see more 3 pickup ones.

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I will take a look around and see if I can find anything. I've actually reached out to reverb sellers off old ads and asked if they know who they sold to. I mean if you're really jonesing for it. In just a quick search I see more 3 pickup ones.
Thank you. I have done the same on Reverb. I ran into a dead end! LOL Three pickups are preferred, though I would take two; must be blue burst silver sparkle color. Thanks again.

Crotch

Triggered
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I have done the same on Reverb. I ran into a dead end! LOL Three pickups are preferred, though I would take two; must be blue burst silver sparkle color. Thanks again.

Guy at LPF had one (years ago, LOL)

!

user name is Jover

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Yeah I have reached out to him a couple of times with private messages over the past few weeks. No response. No contact info. He hasn't been on the forum in a few years. I want to say I asked about that guitar a few years ago and he had sold it? hmmm