WTB: Black Seymour Duncan Hot Rails For Strat bridge

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
Hey all...title says it, might consider a DiMarzio bridge hum pup for Strat.

Last edited:

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
Right on, at least an endorsement is good! I've been using my Pacifica for rehearsals with my students, but the SC bridge pup just doesn't have the girth I like in a RAWK pup. Hoping a Hot Rails will be a simple drop-in solution.

freak

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Right on, at least an endorsement is good! I've been using my Pacifica for rehearsals with my students, but the SC bridge pup just doesn't have the girth I like in a RAWK pup. Hoping a Hot Rails will be a simple drop-in solution.

Oh it will be my friend.....it will be.

SGeoff

Reaction score
I did go kinda crazy (for me) with a parts caster i made. hot rails in bridge and middle, cool rails in neck pup, a 3 way mini switch for each pickup (humbucker, off, single) and a master tone and a master volume knob. well, this works pretty darn well. as well as allowing just about any combo of pickups you can think of. not that all of those are desirable, but you can experiment. a strat with 3 buckers on at once roars..but there are more pleasing sounds to be had out of it

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
I did go kinda crazy (for me) with a parts caster i made. hot rails in bridge and middle, cool rails in neck pup, a 3 way mini switch for each pickup (humbucker, off, single) and a master tone and a master volume knob. well, this works pretty darn well. as well as allowing just about any combo of pickups you can think of. not that all of those are desirable, but you can experiment. a strat with 3 buckers on at once roars..but there are more pleasing sounds to be had out of it
The pups in my Pacifica are the Fender Tex-Mex set. I REALLY like how the neck pup sounds. It's truly delightful. I don't use the middle pup so much, but it's fine for what it is. This is why I don't want to switch the bridge for a humbucker (plus, it's damn near impossible to find a 5-ply pickguard for an '89 Yammy.

SGeoff

Reaction score
certainly, you could just drop one in. there are a couple of choices, SD makes a bridge humbucker too, its not rails, tho, pretty sure you can split it or not as you choose. maybe get a cheaper replacement pick guard to swap different pups in. its a disease. what can i say:dunno:

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
certainly, you could just drop one in. there are a couple of choices, SD makes a bridge humbucker too, its not rails, tho, pretty sure you can split it or not as you choose. maybe get a cheaper replacement pick guard to swap different pups in. its a disease. what can i say:dunno:
One thing I like about the SD Strat-sized buckers is they are reportedly drop in, with no need to change the volume pot from 250k to 500k. Yes, it's an easy swap, but I'm concerned about what a pot change will do to the tone in my neck pup.

Last edited: