WTB - Billie Joe Armstrong LP Junior Case

Red Rocket

Reaction score
Need it to fit this old guitar

IMG_2594incase.jpg

Red Rocket

Reaction score
Thanks, but I did - they don't sell the cases separate, and neither do the dealers or TKL (the manufacturer)

qwank

Reaction score
I would just go with a regular TKL junior case for that. I heard from a few people with BJA jrs that the leopard print case dose not fit the juniors correctly and can warp the neck.

Red Rocket

Reaction score
First I heard of that - interesting. I was told that TKL made the leopard case, so that's odd. And they are the only ones I know of that make the proper junior case, model 8824. No one has those in stock though - waiting on First Quality Music to get them in

Red Rocket

Reaction score
I would just go with a regular TKL junior case for that. I heard from a few people with BJA jrs that the leopard print case dose not fit the juniors correctly and can warp the neck.

Can anyone else verify this experience? A case has come up for sale; I'd like to get it but obviously I would not want to risk a nice vintage LP.

marc1kim

Reaction score
TKL 8824 is very similar to the Billie Joe case... I've got both. TKL makes the Gibson cases. Don't hold ur breath, for a BJA case, the last one I saw on ebay sold for over $300!

Red Rocket

Reaction score
Yeah it's taken some patience to get a case, even the TKL 8824 was out of stock everywhere. But I did manage to find one finally - forum brother jworle01 parted with his last week, and he was quite a pleasure to deal with. I am waiting for the delivery now. I think my Vintage 57 Jr. is going be quite cozy in that case. Thanks Jared!

Red Rocket

Reaction score
I managed to really luck out and get a modern case for the Jr. One of the forum bros at MLP (jworle01) parted with his Billie Joe case - it's what I really wanted for it. Great price, mint condition. Jared's a very cool guy, great to deal with.

Just FYI for anyone considering doing the same thing, this case does not fully support the neck without adjustment; I'm told this is a problem with most of these cases, although I was never able to find a TKL 8824 to check the fit. This case is supposed to be identical to the 8824, with the exception that this has the cool lining. The fit problem is that the bolster nearest the head stock is a little too low to cradle the upper neck fully. I solved that by putting a bit of tissue paper at the bottom of the case to elevate the body. So far, so good.

P8210157.jpg

P8210159.jpg

alextinker4

Reaction score
Anyone else know of a BJA Case up for sale?

New to the forum and world of Jr.'s.
I just bought one 2 months ago (Pelham Blue) and haven't been able to part with it...
I now know why there is a borderline cult following with the Juniors.

I got a Gibson Gig Bag with it... Would love to follow in the steps of Red Rocket!
email: [email protected]

Thanks all!

KOTR

Reaction score
The TKL-8824 cases are still available. I just ordered and received one this week for my vintage Jr. I bought mine from casesandmore.com. TKL has them is stock and it was drop shipped direct to me from TKL. If you call Cases and More they will put you on hold and call their distributor to find out if the 8824 is in stock at the TKL warehouse. I ordered mine on Monday and received it Thursday. You won't receive a shipment notice or tracking emails though because of the drop shipping delivery.

Red Red Rocket is correct about the fit of the 8824 for a Jr. I also had to place a rag under the guitar body to make the neck sit flat and in contact with both of the neck supports. It is still a much better fit than the standard Gibson Custom LP cases and the gap between the neck and the forward rest is very small. The gap was much larger in the Gibson Custom case I have. The 8824 fits well enough that this is probably only a concern for those of us Les Paul OCD.

rockinlespaul

Oxblood Addict
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The 8824 is a PERFECT fit for Juniors. The BJA blows. Cool looking, but blows.

rockinlespaul

Oxblood Addict
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The TKL-8824 cases are still available. I just ordered and received one this week for my vintage Jr. I bought mine from casesandmore.com. TKL has them is stock and it was drop shipped direct to me from TKL. If you call Cases and More they will put you on hold and call their distributor to find out if the 8824 is in stock at the TKL warehouse. I ordered mine on Monday and received it Thursday. You won't receive a shipment notice or tracking emails though because of the drop shipping delivery.

Red Red Rocket is correct about the fit of the 8824 for a Jr. I also had to place a rag under the guitar body to make the neck sit flat and in contact with both of the neck supports. It is still a much better fit than the standard Gibson Custom LP cases and the gap between the neck and the forward rest is very small. The gap was much larger in the Gibson Custom case I have. The 8824 fits well enough that this is probably only a concern for those of us Les Paul OCD.

How does it smell? I bought mine from the same place and the interior smelled funky.

Latest Threads