WTB: Billie Joe Armstrong Les Paul Jr in Sunburst

villzilla

Reaction score
Hi all,

I signed up because I need to cast a wide net in search of this guitar. I'm looking for a Billie Joe Armstrong Les Paul Jr in Sunburst, new or used. The most important thing here is I would like all original parts, including the leopard print case. Please let me know! Thanks!

Blue Blood

Reaction score
Unless you find one at a great price, they're not even close worth the money people are asking now.
Multi-piece bodies, granadillo fretboard, etc.

My suggestion would be to buy a USA line Jr and have a luthier set it up for a wraparound bridge, if that's your thing.
Food for thought

villzilla

Reaction score
I know. I've seen people trying to make some money on them and yeah, crazy, with multiple parts too. Nuts. I'll hold out for an all original though. Def not trying to go the USA Line route. Thanks though. Keep me in mind!

Texas_Baby_Huey

Reaction score
I've never been a junior fan but I understand searching for a certain guitar. But I just looked on reverb and they seem to go for about $1500 which isn't awful. I had to look up the guitar to see what's so special, but if you're not looking for the USA then what other option is there?

I didn't mean any disrespect by asking that, I was just curious about what I'm missing. I do think because it's a junior you should be in the $800-$1200 range, but $1500 isn't a tremendous markup considering...

blind radish

Reaction score
$1500 ... jabus ... I had one when they first case out. Got it used in the leopard case. I sold it for less than $800

villzilla

Reaction score
I'd say let the dude look for the guitar he wants. Some people want something specific and are willing to hunt, and pay a bit more. Not uncommon.
Yup, looking for that specific one. I might bite the bullet and drop some money on a modded one :confused:

therealfrogman

A fool and his money....
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Normans rare Guitars had one last Thursday.... With the leopard case.

Harley90

Reaction score
I have one and keeping it, it is awesome, I paid up, current market price, with case and all. Played tons of Jr's, specials owned at least one of everything. It's one of my favorites, sold (selling) lots of stuff off because of it. Killer guitar. Gets more play time than my R8, Les Paul and SG customs. It's worth seeking out and should always have a good resale.

Good luck with your search!

therealfrogman

A fool and his money....
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, you wanted sunburst... it is a non sb

villzilla

Reaction score
I have one and keeping it, it is awesome, I paid up, current market price, with case and all. Played tons of Jr's, specials owned at least one of everything. It's one of my favorites, sold (selling) lots of stuff off because of it. Killer guitar. Gets more play time than my R8, Les Paul and SG customs. It's worth seeking out and should always have a good resale.

Good luck with your search!
How much did you pay if you don’t mind me asking? By buying it, I don’t drop nearly as much for buying a historic version and I get all the long passed adolescent satisfaction with it being a BJA model. It’s versatile for what I’m looking to do with it.

pirate19

Reaction score
I just flipped the exact one you're looking for on Reverb two and a half weeks ago for $1300. Sold within a day of listing. Unfortunately for buyers, that seems to be the going price (if even a little on the low end). Best of luck on your search--"worth it" or not, it was a cool little guitar.

villzilla

Reaction score
I just flipped the exact one you're looking for on Reverb two and a half weeks ago for $1300. Sold within a day of listing. Unfortunately for buyers, that seems to be the going price (if even a little on the low end). Best of luck on your search--"worth it" or not, it was a cool little guitar.
Yeah I ended up buying it. I may buy another and try to flip it for some money back.

villzilla

Reaction score
Normans rare Guitars had one last Thursday.... With the leopard case.
I called Norman's and it's the tv yellow double cut BJA model. The associate said it was $1699 and I asked why it was marked up so much and they said because it was in perfect condition and came with an additional autographed pickguard. Didn't it come with an additional pick guard from the factory? And is that price tag a little--much?

Harley90

Reaction score
My buy included a trade so about 1400 total, I don't care if Billy Joe's name is on it or not, great player is why its staying. Really chimy, solid in tune all time. and I play pretty hard. If I come across one for a deal, I'd buy on the spot if I have the cash. The case is cool and always sparks a conversation. It is better than others I've pd over the years. Cheaper than a custom, better than the new one by a mile....I think the value should wind up in the high teens one day, maybe 2k They are out there but thin on the ground, I looked a while before I got mine.

villzilla

Reaction score
My buy included a trade so about 1400 total, I don't care if Billy Joe's name is on it or not, great player is why its staying. Really chimy, solid in tune all time. and I play pretty hard. If I come across one for a deal, I'd buy on the spot if I have the cash. The case is cool and always sparks a conversation. It is better than others I've pd over the years. Cheaper than a custom, better than the new one by a mile....I think the value should wind up in the high teens one day, maybe 2k They are out there but thin on the ground, I looked a while before I got mine.
It's like I've been saying: it satisfies that craving i've had since the early 2000s to own a LPJ (BJA signature is the cool factor to satisfy the fanboy in me), it's a versatile guitar, the case is cool and unique to the artist. It's jjust cool and accomplishes what I want and need.

Latest Threads