WTB 2020 Les Paul Standard 50's Goldtop (Humbucker)

Artillery

Reaction score
looking to get a 50's standard goldtop from 2020 with the humbucker configuration.

needs to have a 1 piece back, with no fit or finish issues. good playability and action.. basically a "good" one

message me with any links, photos, offers, etc.

thanks!

Last edited:

mjross

Reaction score
These are hard to come by at most of the usual suspect dealers. They are on back order at the sources I usually deal with. Took me months to get mine but was worth the wait. If you find one I’d jump on it. They don’t hang around very long. Could check Reverb or EBay but the prices are not that good. Might be best to just pick a dealer and get on their list. That’s what I did. Good luck with your quest, Gibson got it right with these.

Artillery

Reaction score
These are hard to come by at most of the usual suspect dealers. They are on back order at the sources I usually deal with. Took me months to get mine but was worth the wait. If you find one I’d jump on it. They don’t hang around very long. Could check Reverb or EBay but the prices are not that good. Might be best to just pick a dealer and get on their list. That’s what I did. Good luck with your quest, Gibson got it right with these.
i had found one but it was sold within minutes of my inquiring about it. not in a hurry, just want to find a good one that will be a lifetime player guitar.. thanks for the message!

integra evan

Reaction score
You probably won't find one with a one piece back.
Why does it need to be one piece?

Central Scrutinizer

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, just looked.

Mine is two piece, not matched. But she sure can sing and wail.

I still love her, warts and all!

mjross

Reaction score
2 piece, sounds great! Looks pretty good. The 2 piece are hard enough to come by, good luck with your one piece quest!

mjross

Reaction score
im not under the impression that there are any tonal differences, it's just an aesthetic preference. if i find one that's matched well i'd go for that too.
I’ve got to start paying closer attention to the back of my guitars. However, some of my relics and replicas don’t look so good!

integra evan

Reaction score
They were made with a two-piece back but you can barely tell. Took me ages to figure out the seam line on mine.
Yeah my 60s has an insanely well hidden seam, its so well matched..even the end grain is very well matched and you'd think its one piece

Central Scrutinizer

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just saw one on Reverb, Seller is Norman’s Guitar’s in L.A.
Looks like a one piece, or very well matched. I am too tired to focus right now.

mjross

Reaction score
Everything is pre order! Must be wave of the future. Oh wait, there’s a butt load in Japan!

edit: Did Gibson relocate to Japan? Seriously, all the good stuff is in Japan. How does this happen?

Last edited:

Latest Threads