Wrong COA Custom ES 339

fkubaski

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, back in 2012 my dad bought a custom ES339 at Guitar Center in San Francisco. I was unaware to check the case for the certificate of authenticity and they ended up selling me the guitar in a case with another certificate of authenticity. My dad`s guitar serial number is CS250715, and his current certificate is CS252758. Does anybody has the right certificate for the CS250715 that we could swap? I am not sure how to post this in a way that everyone can see it, if you do not mind sharing it too. Thanks

Gold_topped

Reaction score
Chances of that are about slim to none. You may be able to call Gibson and see what they say.

Other than case candy, the coa doesn’t mean much and buyers know they can be faked.

01GT Eibach

Reaction score
Yes, one in a million. BUT ... sometimes a one-in-a-million shot hits. So well worth the post. If by chance this gets resolved one way or the other, please post the resolution here. All us guitar geeks would want to know. If you did find that COA here, especially, someone would have to make a movie about that ... maybe Johnny Depp could play your Dad.

Deep tangent:
You know, speaking of Johnny Depp ... 99% of this whole Depp-Heard trial thing going on has mercifully passed right by me. HOWEVER ... I did catch that part of the trial where it was being suggested that Depp who got a finger injury (almost cut off) by a broken Vodka bottle thrown at him might have been a self-inflicted injury. Depp strongly contested that theory, going on at length how important guitar playing was to him since he was very young, and that would be the last thing he would ever do to one of his fingers, especially one on his left hand. He continued on -- like a true guitar player would -- about Django Reinhardt describing how he played so masterfully with only two fingers. I honestly thought he was right about to also discuss Tony Iommi's fingers when someone eventually cut him off. I thought to myself that only a true guitar player would have said that in the way that he did.

OIP.CPw5LHStZAjXsCQbFex4mAHaE7

Latest Threads