Wrap-tail / Wraparound Bridge Conversions

cherrick

Reaction score
I was asked to kick off a thread about Wrap-tail bridge conversions. I have a wonderful luthier near Ft Worth, TX who does mine. I will post some pics here in this thread (warning: some pics might NOT be Les Pauls). My wraparound bridge conversions run the range from a Dean ML to 335-style to (of course) Lesters.

Please jump in and share yours and your thoughts.

For starters, here is my beloved 1980 Norlin-era Les Paul Standard that has been through several transformations and mods.

Attachments

cherrick

Reaction score
Once you get the mathematics of where the two bushings go, the rest is cosmetic. How do you hide the holes? If you're going to refin opaque it's just a fill and go. There is an old tradition in Lester-land of using mother-of-pearl discs in the open holes to outright celebrate the mod.

Last edited:

cherrick

Reaction score
Vintage Inverness Green 12/6 both wrap+tails. Those are P90s in the 12 neck (Hum-90's from Zhangbucker).

Attachments

Last edited:

comcf

Reaction score
Great idea. I was just thinking about converting one of my Customs. I don't want to refin, so will just just put Custom Made plate over the tailpiece bushings. I have a template with dimensions from Mojoaxe, who are the best (no affiliation, just admiration).

Keep 'em coming!

cherrick

Reaction score
MojoAxe == wonderful
Creamtone == wonderful as well

And you can get the extra-long bushings, which make a great contribution.

truckermde

Reaction score
Love it!

Always wanted to do this, maybe now I'll take the plunge :)

Latest Threads