WOWZERS.....

DADDEO

Reaction score
Didn't think these would ever be this expensive.....

Inspired by 55 for sale on reverb for £1400.

Does look Bloody good though.

Last edited:

DADDEO

Reaction score
Tried posting the link but it was humongous for some reason, popped up on reverb UK from a shop in Berlin and I saw it just as I was crashing for the night.
I'll try again now.....

Reaction score
Yeah mine is pretty irreplaceable. If I ever parted with it, I’d regret it.
1064882F-6E44-423F-9DFD-4949E9D92233.jpeg
F2536FF0-625D-4A01-BB1A-64DDB6D2D903.jpeg

USTTRM

Reaction score
I was looking for one these myself. It’s a very hard to find. Not surprisingly a reason to ask a premium.

DADDEO

Reaction score
They're scarce alright. This is the first one I've seen for sale since I started looking some months ago. Might get a Custom instead, much more sensibly priced.

Surfcaster

Reaction score
Tried posting the link but it was humongous for some reason, popped up on reverb UK from a shop in Berlin and I saw it just as I was crashing for the night.
I'll try again now.....
That is a beauty! What is the original cost of the guitar, if I may ask?

Reaction score
They're scarce alright. This is the first one I've seen for sale since I started looking some months ago. Might get a Custom instead, much more sensibly priced.
Yeah but the quality on this one is way higher than a new custom. The outward appearance may “look” similar but that’s where the similarities end.

DADDEO

Reaction score
Yeah but the quality on this one is way higher than a new custom. The outward appearance may “look” similar but that’s where the similarities end.
I'm tempted to ask if you're talking Gibson or Epi, ;) but that's a LOT of money to be asking for.

Reaction score
I'm tempted to ask if you're talking Gibson or Epi, ;) but that's a LOT of money to be asking for.

it’s cheaper than the Gibson Counterpart going fo 5000 plus. The one I have has the chunky neck, has all the Epiphone upgrades the new high spec models have (wiring and quality components, Gibson P90’s, not Probuckers) not the plugs) The paint around the binding is perfect, not half scraped, the finish is the same aged gloss finish the JB Lazarus has.

This is another case of if you’ve played one, you would know it’s worth it as it’s still a top of the lone guitar you aren’t paying Gibson prices for.

But if you haven’t played one, comments like “but that’s a lot” show you aren’t educated on this particular guitar and still playing the whole “I want a Gibson at an Epiphone price” gripe.;)

DADDEO

Reaction score
I've never even SEEN one of these in the flesh so can't vouch for their quality other than what I've heard and read second hand here and other forums so please excuse any apparent ignorance.

I DO know that they are high on my "want" list but wasn't expecting a price in that range hence the move towards the Custom.

If that price is the "going rate" for these then so be it. I've got money to spend, but unfortunately, not that much.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've never even SEEN one of these in the flesh so can't vouch for their quality other than what I've heard and read second hand here and other forums so please excuse any apparent ignorance.

I DO know that they are high on my "want" list but wasn't expecting a price in that range hence the move towards the Custom.

If that price is the "going rate" for these then so be it. I've got money to spend, but unfortunately, not that much.
I was fortunate enough to find mine on reverb that was a trade in at a smaller shop. I didn’t get the case or the certificate with it and was able to get it for a little less. Tbh tho, this and my JB Lazarus are on the same level of quality.

Musha Ring

Reaction score

My 2020 Epi Custom is one of the finest guitars I have ever owned. I would hands down recommend it every day, all day. Sure helped my decision that the salesman gave me $200 off new price. :thumbs:

20211019_164341.jpg

DADDEO

Reaction score
Nice. Quite a few out there to choose from, which year would be best?

Reaction score

Musha Ring

Reaction score
Nice. Quite a few out there to choose from, which year would be best?

I personally prefer the 2020/2021 models because of the ebony fingerboard, the headstock shape, and the large diamond inlay is a bonus. The ebony fingerboard is what really sealed the deal for me which is something Epiphone hadn't previously offered.

Latest Threads