Wow, this is...unprecedented

The_Sentry

Reaction score
The White House's unprecedented use of 'unprecedented' - Yahoo! News

*Apparently, it's his favorite word. I can't think of any other president that has used a word like this..repeatedly...in all of his major speeches!! :rofl: *

“We begin this year and this administration in the midst of an unprecedented crisis that calls for unprecedented action."

The White House’s announcement of its unprecedented — “a first by an American president visiting China” — town hall meeting with students in Beijing, for instance, drew a collective eye roll in certain circles back home.....

Obama noted, (for example), that world leaders took “unprecedented steps” on nuclear nonproliferation at a meeting of the United Nations Security Council that he was the first U.S. president ever to chair.

Obama has said he “took office amid unprecedented economic turmoil”

And Obama’s promise of “an unprecedented effort to root out waste and inefficiency” sounded a lot like promises of past presidents.

“During his first year in office, President Obama has taken historic and, in some cases, unprecedented actions to fulfill his campaign promise to change business as usual in Washington and confront the wide-ranging challenges facing America,” said deputy White House press secretary Josh Earnest.

:I don’t think he gets special credit for being unprecedented, but he thinks that way,” he said. “I think that tells us more about him than really anything else about how he runs the White House.”

etc etc

:lol:

kmk108

Reaction score
because he is an unprecedented dumba** :shock::io:

The_Sentry

Reaction score
Well, normally, I'll do follow up comments, but I think I will do something unprecedented! I will leave this thread alone so it can run its course! :laugh2:

Jason

Reaction score
Maybe Obama's trying to be the Un-president... kind of like how 7up is the Un-cola? :hmm:

Makeitstop

Reaction score
This is the new word he uses most. According to a search, people busted on him for saying 'Let me be clear' before this.

Of course, Bush liked to use the word 'evildoers' a lot.

Pretty much meaningless, but not... unprecedented. :D

- D

albion59

Reaction score
How about President George W Bush - wasn't "In other words..." one of his favourite rhetorical segues?

Also from Dubya:

"hard work" and people doing "a heck of a job";

"unacceptable" and "decisions".

Hmm.. "Unacceptable.......decisions.." :hmm:

b-squared

Banned
Reaction score
I think he's got a ways to go to hit that mark, BB. Bush was where in approval when he left office? Oh, yeah - 22 percent.

That was unprecedented. :laugh2:

- D

I meant it in the context of his popularity since he's been in office. You'll remember W had a high number at this point as well...as do most incoming Presidents. :D

Want to talk unprecedented? Look at the numbers for Congress...lol.

BB

KSG_Standard

Reaction score
I thought Obamao's favorite word was "uh"...Without the teleprompter he's essentially speechless anyway.

Jason

Reaction score
I thought Obamao's favorite word was "uh"...Without the teleprompter he's essentially speechless anyway.

Reagan liked the teleprompter too. GW Bush couldn't get used to one, so he used index cards. I hate to break it to you, but presidents have had other people writing their BS for a long time. I'm not really thrilled by our current president either but his use of a teleprompter is about as important to me as the way he clips his toenails.

Makeitstop

Reaction score
herbritts_Pee%20Wee%20Herman%20on%20Horse.jpg

A pic of Pee Wee on a horse in a thread about the president is unprecedented.

- D

b-squared

Banned
Reaction score
Reagan liked the teleprompter too. GW Bush couldn't get used to one, so he used index cards. I hate to break it to you, but presidents have had other people writing their BS for a long time. I'm not really thrilled by our current president either but his use of a teleprompter is about as important to me as the way he clips his toenails.

How does he clip his toenails?

Just kidding...LOL...looks like another thing we can agree on. :D

Twice in one day...unprecedented.

:D

BB

Jason

Reaction score
How does he clip his toenails?

Just kidding...LOL...looks like another thing we can agree on. :D

Twice in one day...unprecedented.

:D

BB

:cheers:

I know for a fact there are many things you and I agree on... It's probably just more interesting to focus on the things we don't. :laugh2:

b-squared

Banned
Reaction score
:cheers:

I know for a fact there are many things you and I agree on... It's probably just more interesting to focus on the things we don't. :laugh2:

It's certainly more inflammable...or is it flammable...I can never remember.

Ha!

BB

Latest Threads