Wow - New Les Paul Custom Raw Gold - I WANT!

Skit

Witch Doctor
Reaction score
Is that the new thing now? Fvck up the finish, call it something else and jack up the price. :rofl:

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Is that the new thing now? Fvck up the finish, call it something else and jack up the price. :rofl:
I guess so, but the price is pretty much the same as for any Custom. Although, I do like this top more than any top I've seen before. It is also a Slim Taper neck with an Ebony Fretboard... My Favorite combination.

moreles

Reaction score
What is it supposed to be? A black custom with a "worn" or skimpily applied gold top? Worn/sloppy gold leafing? I like the visual effect, but at the same time, it's a little weird and confusing as to what it is. I guess I just don't see it as preferable to a good goldtop finish -- it's different, and not bad, but in my eyes, it's distinctive but not in a more appealing way.

BDW60

Reaction score
It reminds me of back in the 90s when sponge painting was all the rage and everybody was doing this effect on their walls.

Corny looking then, corny looking now.

rjwilson37

Reaction score
So it looks like these Mod's are 1 off type of builds and once they're gone, they're gone. Bummer. :(

01GT Eibach

Reaction score
The $4700 "regular" Les Paul Custom comes in either black or white, both of which we have seen a million of. If I was in the market for a LPC, I would have definitely paid the $100 up-charge for the Raw Gold finish to get something beautifully different. I bet there were a bunch of people out there already considering getting a Les Paul Custom, and just jumped on it when they saw that one. Awesome for them ... I hope we get some "NGD" threads from this.

Latest Threads