Wow! Just Wow! Ed King Collection At Carter Vintage

greens

Reaction score
Jason Isbell has confirmed that he bought Redeye on his instagram.

I don’t mean this in a snarky way, but I’m surprised he is in a position to drop $300K or whatever on a guitar. I’m always reading about how musicians are struggling in this day and age and I didn’t think Drive By Truckers was ever that big commercially. Am I missing something?

goldtop0

Reaction score
Good to see the collection and thanks for posting.
I like the '58 with dbl whites.............just a sucker for dark/tobaccobursts.

bulletproof

aka tarddoggy
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I don’t mean this in a snarky way, but I’m surprised he is in a position to drop $300K or whatever on a guitar. I’m always reading about how musicians are struggling in this day and age and I didn’t think Drive By Truckers was ever that big commercially. Am I missing something?
At least its going to someone who is going to play it:cheers2:

Left Paw

Reaction score

Four years ago Isbell sold out the football stadium at Univ of Georgia - 80,000 people. he has only gotten more popular since then. I think he is enjoying a lot of success and has the resources to purchase 'tools' to do the job that is his profession.

RAG7890

Reaction score
The price that really has me puzzled is the Strat. It doesn’t even have the original PU’s in it, having been replaced by mid ‘90’s PU’s.

Crazy world IMHO but if someone thinks they have to have it, then that’s the way it is.

Wonder what Redeye actually sold for vs. asking?

IMHO the GT’s were it, Ed told me personally about those GT’s with P90’s & he was certainly fond of those Guitars. I still have the Emails.

My 2c FWIW.

RIP Ed.

:cheers2:

AlvisX

Reaction score
Ed said something very profound a couple years ago...About how he felt blessed to have the finest tools on which to perform his job (although he was retired)
I totally understood what he meant , and while I don't posses that level of what I call "official" instruments , I really appreciate the ones I do have and their specific purposes to me

I'll miss chattin' guitars with him,he was really passionate about 'em

Any idea which goldtop was the Beyond The Valley Of the Dolls guitar ?
I thought I understood him to say it was one of the ones he lost ,but tracked down and re-acquired ...as he did with quite a few

Reaction score
Jason Isbell has confirmed that he bought Redeye on his instagram.

@sws1
ha! i was right.

he's come along way from DBT. the dude sells out everywhere he plays, and he plays some big venues....

bulletproof

aka tarddoggy
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The price that really has me puzzled is the Strat. It doesn’t even have the original PU’s in it, having been replaced by mid ‘90’s PU’s.

Crazy world IMHO but if someone thinks they have to have it, then that’s the way it is.

Wonder what Redeye actually sold for vs. asking?

IMHO the GT’s were it, Ed told me personally about those GT’s with P90’s & he was certainly fond of those Guitars. I still have the Emails.

My 2c FWIW.

RIP Ed.

:cheers2:
+1......the GTs were and are “ it “.

greens

Reaction score
Four years ago Isbell sold out the football stadium at Univ of Georgia - 80,000 people. he has only gotten more popular since then. I think he is enjoying a lot of success and has the resources to purchase 'tools' to do the job that is his profession.

Wow I had no idea. Guess I’m more out of touch than I thought. Does he have hits on the radio as a solo artist?

BornToLooze

Reaction score
If I remember right, wasn't the Strat he used for Alabama a pos that would barely stay in tune?

Thomas/Sweden

Reaction score
GS2284-5_1024x1024.jpg

Latest Threads