Would you buy a guitar from Japan without a HSC?

lespaulfreak93

Reaction score
Congrats @Roxy13, welcome to the Black Beauty club :thumb:. How do you feel after finally getting one after all these years? I can't believe someone would critique photos of a beautiful guitar! Hopefully you'll take some and share it. In the meantime, enjoy and keep on pickin' :thumb:. Bet the last thing on your mind on a long awaited NGD is to take pictures of it instead of playing it. Although, just for yourself, not for sharing, it's always nice to have a "first day" pic!

mudface

Non-Deadbeat/Non-Prominent
Double Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have never heard of the History brand before, I’ve heard of Burny and others but this one is new to me. So far of what I have seen is that these are quality instruments. Something else I have to keep a eye out for. So my curiosity is really peaked.

Uncle Vinnie

Premium Member
Reaction score
Two pieces of wood glued together, traveling 6,500 miles over three continents and one of the four oceans, you get it with a HSC.

cherrysunburst00

I don't even care about the pat cictures anymore
Premium Member
Reaction score
I love Japanese craftsmanship and have many fine examples,.... and would loved to see yours,... I am very interested in these and curious how you find yours,... and MAN that was quick delivery...:wow:
AND, the Japanese have kept LOTS of good music in print over the years too.

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Super Mod
Reaction score
This is my third MIJ guitar actually. I have 2 Burnys. One I got just a few months ago, but I've had the other for 15 years.
Did we ever see any pics of this guitar :hmm:

KP11520

Reaction score
Did we ever see any pics of this guitar :hmm:

AWOL for a week since! Either got a Gig touring with a major star or she's down in the basement finishing off her hearing! She might not even be able to hear our posts at this point! :hmm: LOL

Hope she's having fun and will report back soon!

Ya know..... I forgot about the Groupies! :dude:

Kostas.

Reaction score
I'm wondering who has gotten a guitar from Japan in a gig bag...
I bought my Bacchus Flying V from Koiz (ebay & reverb seller) and my Momose LPC from Ikebe. The Flying V travelled in a generic gig bag that resembles the one of my '92 Gibson SG Special without the Gibson logo. The Momose came in a very nice gig bag with the brands name on. Both guitars were packed as they should and they arrived safe, I recommed both sellers. Koiz always offers free EMS shipping in his sales and Ikebe was very helpful in our communication. Most of all, the guitars were a bargain for what I paid, both are keepers.

I was surprised about the number of warning stickers (in all sides) Ikebe had put on the box and I took photos before I opened it.

therealfrogman

A fool and his money....
Silver Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Those "Do Not" this and that were all over the last guitar I bought from Japan. When I was at the local USPO filling out a damage report the supervisor was very good at shifting the blame, she instructed me on how to properly pack a guitar using that foam sealer stuff they sell at Home Depot....anyway when I mentioned all the signs that said "Do Not" she explained to me that the conveyor systems cannot read. It was a deadpan moment I will never ever forget because of how serious she was.

My guitar was dropped in a way that caused enough impact to separate the fingerboard from the neck and also cause a hairline crack right where an imaginary Volute would be. It was in a gig bag surrounded by the usual assortment of packing material, I do think things were pretty snug when it was shipped but constant movement compresses the material. The seller commented "I do not understand why Americans are so rough with everything"... I must say that I think it more likely that it was dropped after it crossed the ocean and not before. I also want to say that I pity anyone that has to get the attention of the usps regarding damage of anything coming from Japan.

Roxy13

Reaction score
Nooooo...I left the forum for awhile due to certain things that were happening in this thread and in messages/emails I received. The last thing I want to do is find out what happened in it after I left. I understand there were posts that were deleted and I will never know what all hell broke loose, but that is probably good.

I haven't taken any pics of it. That in itself opens up a whole ball of wax! Yes, I have a cheap cell phone and no plans to invest in high end camera gear :) I would rather buy guitars than cameras.

The guitar is fantastic though, and I have no complaints whatsoever about it's build quality. I am going to switch out the mismatched pickups for a pair of Burstbuckers I have here, and put in 50s wiring. But, I plan to keep the Vitamin Q caps.

And the case on special from MF fits the guitar snugly and was a good value for the 25% off sale. It arrived the day after the guitar.

DarrellV

just Livin' the Dream....
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll think about it as the person most offended by my camera I think is unlikely now to say another thing about it. I don't think he's going to make any nasty comments about my gear anymore either.
No, he won't..... He's done some soul searching and come out clean...

Please, post away! :cheers: