Would you bite?

rockstar232007

Reaction score
IDK, but the trap inlays, on a Strat neck are kind of off-putting, IMHO.

Love the top though. Very creative.

Walt_T

Reaction score
The huge downfall of custom partscasters. I've put together three Warmoth Teles with well over a grand invested in each. Stellar guitars, but I'd be lucky to get $400 out of any of them. Sad but true. You'll get more of your money back parting it out. Hurts, but that's just the way it is. Mine are keepers, and aren't going anywhere.

chupe442

Confused as ever.....
Reaction score
A 600 partscaster of none Fender parts is a hard sell.. CL- USA standard strat would be around that, MIM's around the 450 mark (maybe). This is what they see. I am not knocking your guitar or your price but it is what it is.. You are also coming out of a holiday season and into tax refund season. Hold out.. Someone will bite this month. I have 3 guitars on local CL. I got one threat from a "GC employee" that my price was higher than new... I am still waiting for him to come and kick my a$$ over that exchange of words... Its sucks! Good luck!

BadPenguin

Reaction score
Like the others said, partscasters are a hard sell. And 600 for one, I would be surprised if you got half that. NOT that the parts alone aren't worth it.

mmd

Reaction score
I built a tele with one of those pearloid bodies and a Fender MIM tele neck. Had quality parts and electronics: Gotoh bridge, Kluson tuners, CTS pots, Fender CS pick ups...

The guitar sold for $275, and I felt happy.

frankv

I have a new love.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
As suggested. You need to take it apart. That's the only way I sold mine.

The fact that it has sat there for months tells you something

hbucker

Reaction score
I have a similar CL situation with a Wampler Pinnacle that I'm selling. = Frustrating.

I'll echo what others have said about it being a custom instrument. I think you're seeing why so many Carvin guitars have a lower resale. The more custom the guitar, the less appealing it is to the masses, even if it might be appealing to a select few.

-A skeptical buyer might ask themselves, "If it's such a great custom guitar, why are you selling it?" ...A reasonable question. Many of these kinds of guitars look great, and are good ideas on paper, but in application they are lacking a certain vibe that causes a player to bond with it. The buyer could be assuming this is the case here.

- I've got no problem with GFS parts in general. Some are better than others. But all are associated with low cost guitar parts. This could be something a potential buyer is avoiding. Also, GFS bodies can tend to be very heavy. You might want to reassure the buyer if this is not the case with your guitar.

- Others have touched on the fact that this is so custom, it's a Strat that isn't a Strat. I would either part it out, modify your text and reduce your price dramatically, or put it back into your collection and learn to bond with it yourself.

It's a nice looking guitar though.

Good luck!

HCRoadie

Reaction score
Thank you every one for your thoughts and suggestions. I do appreciate the insights. I knew it would be a hard sell. I guess I'll drop the $$$$ a good bit. I have the Strats that I "need", and this is the one I felt I could let go. I am wanting more Les pauls is the problem. I will offer a BIG discount to any MLP member!

judson

Reaction score
looks good

i like that neck...

like most things, there is nothing wrong with that guitar that the right price cant cure

chupe442

Confused as ever.....
Reaction score
Remember your coming into tax season... GAS is everywhere and may be a sale.. Have you discounted it at all?? I start my listings about 20-30% over what I want for the item, then drop the price 25 bucks every 5-7 days until I am just above my final price. Then I have a little room for that offer when it comes in. People watch that and the time its been on and unless its a steal to begin with play the wait game..

HCRoadie

Reaction score
Thanks again for the tips/suggestions. I have dropped the price. I guess I'll try 442's advice and go down a chunk every few days. It is a great guitar, I just have 4 other Strats that cover that tonal ground.

rabidhamster

Reaction score
Nope never. Id recommend you part that out. Great guitar I'm sure!

Olds442

Reaction score
i'll add that Nashville is a tough c-list to sell on. i've seen some great gear for cheap in that city pretty often.

you have a lot of name brand competition in the strat world of nashville's craigslist.

Latest Threads