Would u trade a Standard and a Studio for a Custom?

Reflect_ion

Reaction score
It's small pictures and few angles, but it looks ok. It also looks in a very good shape. Did they come with a certificate in 2005?

Not that it matters: you've made your decision. Bottom-line nothing has happened, but it was a good discussion :)

2manyGuitars

Reaction score
Okay. At least it's a real Gibson.
Still wouldn't do the trade.

GySgtFTL

Reaction score
No way. I would trade them both for an R8 or R9 but not a custom. I personally do not care for the appearance of the customs. But to each his own.

Lightningflash

Reaction score
Got an offer for a 2005 Custom Ebony for my 2013 Standard Desertburst and 2006 Studio Fireburst

Good idea or no?
Wasn't that the year that GC closed the desert bursts out for like $1295? If you got it for that price I would. Actually I probably would anyways.

Guitpicky

Reaction score
I'm with a few others here that are a little wary. He's looking to trade for just about anything of value, crappy pics, and it's over the internet. He lists a few flaws but carefully avoids any pictures of them. I'm not thinking fake or anything like that, just a guitar with a number of cosmetic and possibly other issues that he is down playing.

Keep that standard until you die, she's a beaut!

Woodekm

Reaction score
I see people selling their Studios (or using them as trades) all the time. Their prices are relatively, pretty cheap so it wouldn’t be worth getting rid of, just as a bargaining chip IMO. Id keep the Studio, and honestly, just not do the trade (ESPECIALLY if your standard has the Mojo for you). 2 (or more) guitars is always a GOOD thing!

I had a faded Studio, and got rid of it just to upgrade. Did upgrade – to a standard +. Missed the Studio, and ended up getting another one, 2 months later. I just LOVE the utility of it! I almost need it! I think everyone should have a Studio as a backup/beater – relatively speaking. But that’s just me IMO.

Latest Threads