Would u trade a Standard and a Studio for a Custom?

yamariv

Reaction score
WOW :wow: That Desert Burst is a stunner!! Heck NO!!

grumphh

Reaction score
A Custom is essentially the same guitar as both yours are.

A Les Paul with two humbuckers, mahogany neck and body and a maple cap.
The differences are in the amount of bling.

There exists absolutely no reason to swap two LP's for one.

Christosterone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trading your desert burst would be unwise imho...

That thing is stunning :wow:

-Chris

musicmaniac

Reaction score
For me it would depend on how much you have invested in the two guitars. If the custom is a good one it's worth $2500 give or take.

Neemo

Reaction score
I bought the Standard new in April of 2014 at a smallish discount due to it being the previous years model ... I got it just before the Canadian dollar tanked

I don't have much into the studio at all

I'm quite shocked at the responses tbh...i thought most of you would've said the opposite

The guy with the Custom says he needs 2 guitars now but doesn't have the funds to purchase a new one so he is looking for a 2 for one deal including a Standard.. .I emailed him 3 weeks ago but he told me he wanted a trad and a Standard and that the studio didn't interest him...he emailed me again yesterday asking if I still wanted to do it...i haven't replied yet...lol...it looks legit from the pics he has online but he doesn't have a pic of the serial number posted

Thanks for all the compliments on my standard! :) here is another pic...lol (stupid phone rotates all my pictures wrong)

Attachments

irocdave12

Reaction score
I vote yes you can replace a standard or studio anytime you want. You can't buy a Custom built with ebony board anymore so that's what would influence me especially if the custom is minty

The Birdman

Reaction score
It sounds like he is finding that 2 for 1 for that Custom is a tough deal. I still would not give up your Standard, especially since you say it is the best guitar you have ever played!

yamariv

Reaction score
He wanted a Trad AND a Standard for a Custom??:wow: Must be some gold plated version or something....This dude seems a bit lost, keep your guitars or sell the Studio and save the diff to buy a custom outright.

PierM

Reaction score
If the custom is in mint condition yes I would trade instantly, but try before to trade if you can.

2manyGuitars

Reaction score
Thanks for all the compliments on my standard! :) here is another pic...lol (stupid phone rotates all my pictures wrong)
Nah...
It just makes 'em all artsy and sh!t.

You can't buy a Custom built with ebony board anymore so that's what would influence me especially if the custom is minty
Ummm...
If I had the coin, I could probably have a half-dozen ebony board Customs by the end of the day. They made thousands and thousands of them over the years. They're out there.

ArchEtech

Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
If the custom is mint and a good one (play it ) it would be worth it to me.

mudface

Boo Bee
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any other year than a '13 Standard I might, my '13 or your '13 hell no.

Though, ebony fret board Customs are gonna be harder to find and more pricey in the future.

It would have to be one outstanding Custom to earn that trade:cool:

thefraggle

Reaction score
Not a chance. I wouldn't swap my studio for a custom. There is nothing to say the custom will play how you want and even less to suggest the custom will feel right in your arms.

kasu

Reaction score
Never! Im partial though.. Love Standards and studios but Im no fan of customs, too much plastic on them.

Ethereal

Reaction score
Absolutely and emphatically NO. A Standard and a Studio don't make up for a Custom. Specially because you already love your standard.

NewDayHappy

Reaction score
Would I do it? **** no! You got two kick ass guitars and the truth is, even these lesser model guitars these days are super high quality. To trade two acceptional guitars for one? Bad move my friend. I agree with the masses in this thread (rarely do) but these folks are right.

Mockbel

Reaction score
I would say "No".. as long as I don't "hate" my guitars I wouldn't trade multiple guitars for 1 guitar..

Your guitars are good.. if you don't need the Studio just sell the Studio...

I was about to do the opposite; trade my R8 for a Standard and a tribute.. but someone here stopped me from doing that :D

2manyGuitars

Reaction score
BTW, any photos of the Custom. As mentioned earlier, a 2005 Custom is one of the most faked Gibsons out there. Coupled with the fact that this guy wants to get rid of it so badly...

Neemo

Reaction score
I've decided to keep my guitars :)

but anyway these are the pics from his ad...they aren't very good quality, but it looks ok to me? :hmm:

One day I will have to own something with the Gibson diamond inlay

Attachments

Latest Threads