Would love this set up

Tele295

Reaction score
Probably a matching 52/53 Les Paul and early 50’s GA-40 LP amp.

Later, Carl added a Bigsby to his goldtop. I don’t recall seeing any pictures of Carl playing the Les Paul after he got the ES-5 Switchmaster (late 56-57, iirc).

BC883C99-41AA-4241-8895-50468FEE8E39.jpeg

efstop

Small amps ^^ are fun
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are still folks out there recording with a single mic. It requires a lot of testing and moving equipment around, but it can be done. There's no mixing for stereo, but you can always make multiple tracks and blend them.

Uncle Vinnie

Help me Mr. Wizard!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are still folks out there recording with a single mic. It requires a lot of testing and moving equipment around, but it can be done. There's no mixing for stereo, but you can always make multiple tracks and blend them.

More often than not, less is more.

Tele295

Reaction score

Have you been looking at my home studio again? ;)

GrandJunction

Reaction score
It's not the quality of the recording that counts half as much as the quality of the music. Give me those low-fidelity Little Richard records over todays technically perfect recordings, any day.

el84ster

Reaction score
I love less mics myself, if the recording space sounds good. And I’ll take 2 overheads on the drums anyway over micing each drum separately.

Stereo recording sure can be cool to but I also really love mono. That seems to sound the most natural to me.

Latest Threads