Would Like To Hear Some Opinions

DarrellV

'I'm not stupid, you just don't understand....'
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cool il take some more pics and upload em later.

Yeah i love the blue one. Friend (who worked at the shop) took it out of the back when i showed up telling him i wanted to get my first gibson. As soon as i saw it i said "What The Hell Is That!" Id never seen a gibson les paul with a quilt top only flamed and plain. Plugged it into a marshall dsl 40c and thus i walked home with it......

And then 2 weeks later at a guitar center grand opening i spent half my work bonus on the other after walking around the store trying it on all different amps.

Il try and get some good photos and upload them in a bit
Thanks man!

That blue top is crazy! :shock:

AJK1

Reaction score
Don’t buy the Pearlys because I don’t want anyone else sounding like me !

NJDevil

Reaction score
Congrats on those 2 beauties. I would recommend not replacing the pickups if 1) you like what you hear, 2) you like Pearly Gates and because they are available, you feel compelled that you need to swap them in.

I love the Pearly Gates and if you have the disposable income, buy them for a great price and keep them if you feel the need to put them into either one of these 2 LPs at a later time or maybe in another guitar. Congrats on those LPs!

cybermgk

Singin' the body lectric
Premium Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Also while i got experienced people here.
Are my gibsons safe on these wall hangers or are there precautions/a different brand youd reccomend over them? Ive heard some horror srories about some hangers o-o
These are top stage brand hangers i got back when i was first starting out playing haha
The rubber on those hangers will react with the nitro. Year up some cotton T shirts, or polishing rag (unused) and wrap the rubber and make them safe.
As to the Pickups. At that price you can EASILY get your money back. So, I say try em. If you like them better levae them in. If you don't put stock back in, and you can sell the PGs.

Just(A)Theory

Reaction score
The rubber on those hangers will react with the nitro. Year up some cotton T shirts, or polishing rag (unused) and wrap the rubber and make them safe.
As to the Pickups. At that price you can EASILY get your money back. So, I say try em. If you like them better levae them in. If you don't put stock back in, and you can sell the PGs.
Okay will do that with the hangers right now!

Yeah i just got back from the shop and tot the pickups....... and brought home a new baby..... IT WAS SO GOOD...... and i had extra money quq

flamesarewicked

Reaction score
I’ve had the pearlys on a couple of occasions.. I’ll say I thought the custom shop set version sounded better.. plus I dig the aged covers.. they’re only about 100 bones more than the normal covered set.

For uncovered pickups I like the 36th anniversary Dimarzios in double cream. I had a set in my 60s standard but today I swapped them with something more....authentic to Pearly Gates.. even more so than the custom shop Duncan set.. and for the premium I paid.. they better be :rofl:

Just(A)Theory

Reaction score
I’ve had the pearlys on a couple of occasions.. I’ll say I thought the custom shop set version sounded better.. plus I dig the aged covers.. they’re only about 100 bones more than the normal covered set.

For uncovered pickups I like the 36th anniversary Dimarzios in double cream. I had a set in my 60s standard but today I swapped them with something more....authentic to Pearly Gates.. even more so than the custom shop Duncan set.. and for the premium I paid.. they better be :rofl:
*pats* i have been bitten by the premium price on occasion too my friend. May we not think about the money together. XD

flamesarewicked

Reaction score
*pats* i have been bitten by the premium price on occasion too my friend. May we not think about the money together. XD
Well there is more expensive pickup sets out there but I never thought I’d dump this sort of cheese on some..

Just(A)Theory

Reaction score
Hell theres people that pay 50$+ for vintage paper booklets and case candy xD

Latest Threads