Would Like To Hear Some Opinions

Just(A)Theory

Reaction score
20200510_152229.jpg

So! I had the lovely fortune of buying these 2 bad mama jammers
What im asking opinions on is.

Theres a nice set of Pearly Gates pups at my local mom and pop selling for cheap and im considering putting them in the BB 60s Standard but i just dont know yet.
The stock pickups are nice and have a bit of growl to them,

But the pearly gates ive heard have twinkled my ear twinkler just right. But i figured id see what you guys thought.
Right now the pups are selling for 70$ so yeah definitely a good deal haha

Anyways thanks for your thoughts, id give you a penny but my phone is sadly not a portal

Last edited:

DavGrape

Reaction score
Sheesh; I think they're done.
Beautiful.

Just(A)Theory

Reaction score
Also while i got experienced people here.
Are my gibsons safe on these wall hangers or are there precautions/a different brand youd reccomend over them? Ive heard some horror srories about some hangers o-o
These are top stage brand hangers i got back when i was first starting out playing haha

Roxy13

Reaction score
Does that brand of hanger say they are safe for nitro? That is what you really need to check. And of course that you mounted them into the studs.

The Pearly Gates are so inexpensive I think I would get them and try them out. Worst case scenario is you prefer the stock pups and then resell the PGs. I'm quite sure you would not lose money reselling them.

brianbzed

Reaction score
View attachment 462101

So! I had the lovely fortune of buying these 2 bad mama jammers
What im asking opinions on is.

Theres a nice set of Pearly Gates pups at my local mom and pop selling for cheap and im considering putting them in the BB 60s Standard but i just dont know yet.
The stock pickups are nice and have a bit of growl to them,

But the pearly gates ive heard have twinkled my ear twinkler just right. But i figured id see what you guys thought.
Right now the pups are selling for 70$ so yeah definitely a good deal haha

Anyways thanks for your thoughts, id give you a penny but my phone is sadly not a portal
Pearly Gates are FINE pickups....had a set in my Flying V for 20+ years ( sold the guitar )...it sang, sang and sang...price is right, I would snag 'em......my 2 cents.

Just(A)Theory

Reaction score
I think I'm a snag them anyways whether i put em in it or not. Im sure il find a guitar to put em in. Especially with the deal il get on them. Hell even if i don't find something to put em in i can still resell them for a small profit since they are only selling for 70$ box and all

Pappy58

Reaction score
Also while i got experienced people here.
Are my gibsons safe on these wall hangers or are there precautions/a different brand youd reccomend over them? Ive heard some horror srories about some hangers o-o
These are top stage brand hangers i got back when i was first starting out playing haha
Personally I dont use wall hangers. I've seen too many headstock burns, in additional to other risks. I just keep them in padded racks. :cheers2:

Just(A)Theory

Reaction score
Would Like To Hear Some Opinions

I would like to see more and better :photos:

:drool:
I thought the photo was okay... sorry i dont really take many pictures so i dont really know what constitutes a good one?

If you got any tips feel free to share

DarrellV

'I'm not stupid, you just don't understand....'
Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought the photo was okay... sorry i dont really take many pictures so i dont really know what constitutes a good one?

If you got any tips feel free to share
Sorry, mate... that wasn't meant as a dig, honest.:eek2:

We love pics in here... all kinds.:dude:

Close ups, full length, fancy lighting or plain vanilla, it doesn't matter.

It's just that I happen to be fan of nice blue guitars like yours, in fact i own a blue studio.

The other one doesn't look too shabby either! :shock:

If you are inclined it would be nice, if you can't or don't want to, that's fine too.. We'll still respect you in the morning.:thumb:

In here we live for photos of nice gear! 'Feed the bears' as we say!

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Premium Member
Reaction score
My opinion is pretty much " |_________| is/are good until it's/they're not. Then I'll think about changing.'

Pick one to insert in blank: pickups, gears, bridge, stop, nut, knobs, jack, pickguard, strings, rings, etc.......

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
I'd snag em and toss em 'the drawer' until you need em to go in something.

If your guitar sings to you with what it has, why change em.... Probably sound different but 'better' is subjective....
This.

Reactions: ehb

redking

Reaction score
I would keep the existing pickups in tact until you feel like you really know what you have by playing them alot. Sometimes you come upon a happy accident by adding a pedal to your chain or trying a different amp and then all of a sudden you see your pickups in a whole new light.

Just(A)Theory

Reaction score
Sorry, mate... that wasn't meant as a dig, honest.:eek2:

We love pics in here... all kinds.:dude:

Close ups, full length, fancy lighting or plain vanilla, it doesn't matter.

It's just that I happen to be fan of nice blue guitars like yours, in fact i own a blue studio.

The other one doesn't look too shabby either! :shock:

If you are inclined it would be nice, if you can't or don't want to, that's fine too.. We'll still respect you in the morning.:thumb:

In here we live for photos of nice gear! 'Feed the bears' as we say!
Cool il take some more pics and upload em later.

Yeah i love the blue one. Friend (who worked at the shop) took it out of the back when i showed up telling him i wanted to get my first gibson. As soon as i saw it i said "What The Hell Is That!" Id never seen a gibson les paul with a quilt top only flamed and plain. Plugged it into a marshall dsl 40c and thus i walked home with it......

And then 2 weeks later at a guitar center grand opening i spent half my work bonus on the other after walking around the store trying it on all different amps.

Il try and get some good photos and upload them in a bit

Latest Threads