Would it be Inappropriate to Put Reflector Knobs on My 50s Standard?

Mvrush

Reaction score
Someone will hate it, but it's your guitar. Go for it man!

dspelman

Reaction score
Would it be inappropriate to put reflector knobs on my 50s Standard?
You have my permission to put reflector knobs on any damned thing you want to.
Except my stuff.
Just...no.

JohnnyPhatsaqs

Reaction score
Welp, I did it. And I don’t like it. Originals are going back one. Sorry for the lighting.

14F5E182-F08F-4C3F-8E7A-E5F725291633.jpeg

Roxy13

Reaction score
I have this aversion to the look of speed knobs and take them off any guitar immediately.

Top hats or reflectors for me. As for color it just depends on what I think would look best on each guitar.

After saying I would never put witch hats on anything I actually did put some on one guitar. I don't know why but I just looked at it and said yeah, you should have witch hats :rofl:

80smetalhead

Reaction score
I replaced the top hat knobs on my Standard with speed knobs. I prefer the way they look and it’s easier to do volume swells with my pinky. The knob popo can bite me.:p

GermHerm

Reaction score
Shiny knobs? No way! Are you aware that the sound gets too crisp with these knots? :applause:

no jimmy p

Reaction score
As I continue to bond with this thing, I keep thinking she would look better with the reflectors. I’m no Les Paul guru or expert, but would that be a taboo thing to do?

I change mine from the original speed knobs , to witch hats , to reflectors , to the witch hat / reflector combo (a' la Peter Green) and back again . I have gold knobs , amber knobs , black knobs , silver reflectors , gold reflectors , some inexpensive , some not so much . It really doesn't matter , to knob or not to knob ....
It's your deal ... do You .

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
I change mine from the original speed knobs , to witch hats , to reflectors , to the witch hat / reflector combo (a' la Peter Green) and back again . I have gold knobs , amber knobs , black knobs , silver reflectors , gold reflectors , some inexpensive , some not so much . It really doesn't matter , to knob or not to knob ....
It's your deal ... do You .
Ya... I keep going back and forth on what I like.
I've got reflectors on the '60s and gold reflectors in black on the V.
I'm not crazy about how the gold reflectors look almost silver compared to the gold hardware, and have considered going to amber tophats... but it looks SOOOOOO nice with the black/gold reflectors and I don't want to "muddy" the pickguard with the larger appearing knob.

But after finally seeing an Iced Tea burst with gold speed knobs... I ordered a set for the 60s Lester.

If/when I pick up a 50s Gold Top, I'll probably go to amber speed knobs on it and put the reflectors back on the 60s.

V-Body.jpg
LP-Top-2.jpg

lunchbox

Reaction score
Does anyone make nipple knobs? Those would be fun to twist.

captdan61

Reaction score
As I continue to bond with this thing, I keep thinking she would look better with the reflectors. I’m no Les Paul guru or expert, but would that be a taboo thing to do?
Peter Green did it. Gary Moore left it that way.

captdan61

Reaction score
Peter Green did it. Gary Moore left it that way. It's your guitar make it the way you want it. Just keep the original knobs.

Steveo119

Reaction score
I did think about buying a 60's to put the 50's knobs on it. but I fell in love with my 50's standard Les Paul at first sight so it is what it is...

Latest Threads