Would black speed knobs look good on this?

Paulinator

Banned
Reaction score
I need speed knobs, the top-hats are too tiny. Thinking about black speed knobs and then a black toggle switch cap...or should I stick with amber knobs? Don't want it to clash with the cream.

DV016_Jpg_Large_583405.015_vintage_sunburst.jpg

Slizzard

Reaction score
i dont think the black speed knobs would go too well with the vintage sunburst. I feel that maybe gold speed knobs would be much more suited. this is just my opinion though. you are good to go with the black switch though. Would make a killer looking LP:thumb:

Paulinator

Banned
Reaction score
i dont think the black speed knobs would go too well with the vintage sunburst. I feel that maybe gold speed knobs would be much more suited. this is just my opinion though. you are good to go with the black switch though. Would make a killer looking LP:thumb:

Thanks. Yeah, that's kinda what I was thinking too. Currently it's got the stock amber top hats and an amber switch cap. I like the look but I thought big amber speed knobs would be too much amber. What I dislike most about these amber tophats is that the numbers are not painted white so they are very hard to read, on top of the knobs being too small.

Paulinator

Banned
Reaction score
Ok gold speed knobs it is, ordered from Sweetwater just now. Once they arrive I'll take pics of the guitar. Forgot to post ngd pics after I picked this bitch up.

Thanks all for helping me confirm my suspicions! :thumb:

zontar

Reaction score
Black speed knobs look good on any Gibson or Gibson style guitar.

But on that one amber and gold ones would look good too.

Your choice.

None of the options sound better or work better, so it's up to you.

I have gold on my Iceman because they sit the colour better, and black on my black Les Paul--same reason.
I have black on my LP copy though for contrast--so I can do either matching or contrasting.

Paulinator

Banned
Reaction score
This is what black would look like, doesn't look that bad to me. I'm gonna order a set of each eventually anyway. Btw, the color in this drawing is more accurate to how it looks. The GC stock photo is off.

Attachments

• Les Paul Studio Deluxe.jpg
    Les Paul Studio Deluxe.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 94

Paulinator

Banned
Reaction score
With gold knobs. Honestly, I kinda like the black better, may go with that after all lol

Attachments

• Les Paul Studio Deluxe.jpg
    Les Paul Studio Deluxe.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 76

Paulinator

Banned
Reaction score
Try amber, just curious

Here it is with Amber speed knobs.

Edit: lol I kinda effed up the body color on this one. Oh well, you get the idea.

Attachments

• Les Paul Studio Deluxe Amber.jpg
    Les Paul Studio Deluxe Amber.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 40

Latest Threads