Would a Prius make me a better musician?

Oldskoolrob

Reaction score
I'm not wanting to get into anything Political or a debate about the Confederate Flag, but this seems like a step too far. Recinding a music award nomination because you own a car? No wonder they never nominated Lemmy - they would have had a heart attack!!!

Kenny Wayne Shepherd:
I have just learned that the Executive Committee of the Blues Foundation Board of Directors has made the decision to rescind my nomination for the 2021 Blues Rock Artist of the Year award.
We have been told this decision has been made because In recent days, concerns have been raised regarding one of the cars in my muscle car collection. The car was built 17 years ago as a replica and homage to the iconic car in the television series, The Dukes of Hazzard. That CBS show was one of the highest rated and most popular programs of its era and like millions of others, I watched it every week. In the show, one of the central ‘characters’ was a muscle car which displayed a confederate flag on its roof. Years ago I put that car in permanent storage and some time ago, I made the decision to permanently cover the flag on my car because it was completely against my values and offensive to the African American community which created the music I love so much and I apologize to anyone that I have unintentionally hurt because of it.
I want to make something very clear and unequivocal; I condemn and stand in complete opposition to all forms of racism and oppression and always have.

Fucking ridiculous.

Oldskoolrob

Reaction score
True that. They must have some pull for him to care. I'd love to win the award and perform something like Body Count's KKK Bitch and see what they say :rofl:

Oldskoolrob

Reaction score
There's a bright Orange '68 (I think) Charger that comes past our town every now and then. I don't know HOW the owner has resisted the 01 and flag. I wouldn't be able to own such a beast without it.....

redking

Reaction score
I (a cash paying "customer" of KWS) would have preferred he ignored them, or told them to go F themselves, but he has been bullied and conditioned to apologizing to people who don't give a damn about him and don't even know who he is.

sonar1

Reaction score
And the award goes this year to Lawrence Welk, for his stirring renditions of ”Blue On Blue,”
” I’ve got some Red Roses For A Blue Lady,”
and a special Gospel award for his rendition of “One Toke Over the Line.”

THDNUT

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even more ridiculous is that he apologized and actually cares about some stupid award.
I agree with you but, this cancel culture bullshit will impact Kenny's income stream, like it or not, so unless he's wealthy he has to kowtow to these bastids.

Last edited:

Brek

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, this is like beyond Orwellian, and, they call themselves *Mod Edit* we can't use those terms here. we are truly fucked. Cancel culture = newspeak.

Last edited by a moderator:

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
but he has been bullied and conditioned to apologizing to people who don't give a damn about him and don't even know who he is.
Yep. And the only effective way to squash a bully is the time-honored method of punching them in the nose.

He needs to make them aware that he recognized their bullying, and doesn't give a flying fuck what they think.

Apologizing to people that never gave fuck-one about him in the first place? He needs to stand up for himself and be a man.

This smacks of Hollywood. I can smell those fuckers from here.

MikeyTheCat

Reaction score
I'm not wanting to get into anything Political or a debate about the Confederate Flag, but this seems like a step too far. Recinding a music award nomination because you own a car? No wonder they never nominated Lemmy - they would have had a heart attack!!!

Kenny Wayne Shepherd:
I have just learned that the Executive Committee of the Blues Foundation Board of Directors has made the decision to rescind my nomination for the 2021 Blues Rock Artist of the Year award.
We have been told this decision has been made because In recent days, concerns have been raised regarding one of the cars in my muscle car collection. The car was built 17 years ago as a replica and homage to the iconic car in the television series, The Dukes of Hazzard. That CBS show was one of the highest rated and most popular programs of its era and like millions of others, I watched it every week. In the show, one of the central ‘characters’ was a muscle car which displayed a confederate flag on its roof. Years ago I put that car in permanent storage and some time ago, I made the decision to permanently cover the flag on my car because it was completely against my values and offensive to the African American community which created the music I love so much and I apologize to anyone that I have unintentionally hurt because of it.
I want to make something very clear and unequivocal; I condemn and stand in complete opposition to all forms of racism and oppression and always have.
Let me rewrite Kenny’s letter...
Dear Executive Committee of the Blues Foundation Board of Directors,
Fux you.
Sincerely,
Kenny

Latest Threads