Worst Thanksgiving Ever! Lost a cherished pet

KP11520

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen, I can't even begin to tell you how sorry I am. There's never enough years with our pets! NEVER! Nor are there words that can make this better!

Sounds like you all had the best love ever. The unconditional love we get from these gifts that come our way. Like destiny.

Just know, they still love you, but from the other side of the veil. Also know, it's getting thinner every day. So keep sending your love and you'll see them again. Eventually!

Good for you to be blessed with so much good. And that's why it hurts so much. Why does it have to be a VERY sharp double edged sword?

Peace to you all!

Maynar

You reached for the secret too soon
Reaction score
Best wishes, GP.

Grand Pappy

Reaction score
My sincere and hert feilt condolences to you Maynar.
Thanks to all my MLPF brothers and sisters for the out pouring of support and sympathy for my loss.
I keep expecting Jake to come down the hall, or greeting me in the morning for his breakfast.
He went so fast! 24 hours from being fine to death and I'll never know what did him in.
His regular vet will look at his test results and hopefully call me and give me insight into what she thinks happened. He'll join Smokey and Itty Bit on our kitty memorial shelf in the living room. We'll be long time getting over the loss of poor Jakey!
Thanks again friends

DADGAD

Reaction score
It is heart breaking my friend. My sympathies. Similar circumstances for me this year. I hope you can come to grips with the loss. They are our best buds and we try to protect
and provide for them and it's a terrible feeling not being able to fix something for them.

TheHarleyMan2

Reaction score
Losing a beloved pet is tragic! I know how you feel, I lost my dog that was like a human and really loyal. She was 12 years old to the week!

Problem with veterinarian doctors, their fees is way up there stupid, damn near the same cost what a person would go to an emergency room at a hospital!

Phil47uk

Reaction score
My wife is totally un musical albeit she has a high IQ and was a proof reader who can speed read and remember a whole book in the time it takes most people to read one chapter.:laugh2:

We've been married around forty years and has been to most gigs I have done ( And that's one hell of a lot of gigs over the years ) and supported me wholeheartedly. Sometimes though she might be reading or watching TV and will often tell me to 'shut up' in no uncertain terms if I'm noodling away in the background in the same room. I don't take this as an insult, in fact who am I to assume "Hey everyone, drop everything and listen it's me, it's me", so I simply take myself off to another part of the house where I'm not in everyone's face.

Would I want to be married to a musician??
Yeah like f*ck, I couldn't think of anything more boring....:laugh2:

Imagine making a full time living as a car mechanic , coming home and your wife going on about her new set of Snap-On spanners....:facepalm:
Sometimes I don't even want to see a guitar for a day or so, let alone talk about them.
If I have worked something new out she'll be the first person who wants to hear it..At the right time and in the right place.

There is more to relationships than noodling around fishing for a compliment and having your nose put out of joint simply because the other person doesn't jump to attention.
Nothing to do with women but people and life in general.

Any wives here that want advice about living with musicians?
Just put them on to my wife who's had a lifetimes experience but beware if you do as she might tell you to shut up even more..:laugh2:

This is a true and very funny story.
Many years ago when we were younger I was doing a gig with a fairly well known drummer and both my wife and his girlfriend were there.
Now prior to that gig my wife had noticed that when he came off stage he'd sit down and his girlfriend would pack all his drum kit away for him even though he barked out orders such as " Now you know that goes there and that doesn't go there" etc etc.
Anyway on this particular night whilst on stage I could see my wife having a female to female heart to heart with this younger girl and I thought " Oh no, I know what's coming ".
Now when we came off stage he sat down as usual and shouted over to this girl. " Now let's see if you can get it right tonight, that goes there and this goes there etc". He'd no sooner got the words out of his mouth when she lent over and said " Oh does it, then it that case you can pack your own f*cking drums away and that way you'll know if everything is in order".
I could see my wife with her hand over her mouth trying to stifle a laugh and you should have seen the look on his face.. He went ashen..:laugh2:
Even today all those years later he hasn't forgot that and knows exactly who'd put her up to it and we still have a laugh about it including my wife who still jokingly ribs him about it when she sees him.

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss.
Been there a few times myself.
Never easy.

Take care.

Grand Pappy

Reaction score
My wife is totally un musical albeit she has a high IQ and was a proof reader who can speed read and remember a whole book in the time it takes most people to read one chapter.:laugh2:

We've been married around forty years and has been to most gigs I have done ( And that's one hell of a lot of gigs over the years ) and supported me wholeheartedly. Sometimes though she might be reading or watching TV and will often tell me to 'shut up' in no uncertain terms if I'm noodling away in the background in the same room. I don't take this as an insult, in fact who am I to assume "Hey everyone, drop everything and listen it's me, it's me", so I simply take myself off to another part of the house where I'm not in everyone's face.

Imagine making a full time living as a car mechanic , coming home and your wife going on about her new set of Snap-On spanners....:facepalm:
Sometimes I don't even want to see a guitar for a day or so, let alone talk about them.
If I have worked something new out she'll be the first person who wants to hear it..At the right time and in the right place.

There is more to relationships than noodling around fishing for a compliment and having your nose put out of joint simply because the other person doesn't jump to attention.

Just put them on to my wife who's had a lifetimes experience but beware if you do as she might tell you to shut up even more..:laugh2:

Many years ago when we were younger I was doing a gig with a fairly well known drummer and both my wife and his girlfriend were there.
Now prior to that gig my wife had noticed that when he came off stage he'd sit down and his girlfriend would pack all his drum kit away for him even though he barked out orders such as " Now you know that goes there and that doesn't go there" etc etc.
Anyway on this particular night whilst on stage I could see my wife having a female to female heart to heart with this younger girl and I thought " Oh no, I know what's coming ".
Now when we came off stage he sat down as usual and shouted over to this girl. " Now let's see if you can get it right tonight, that goes there and this goes there etc". He'd no sooner got the words out of his mouth when she lent over and said " Oh does it, then it that case you can pack your own f*cking drums away and that way you'll know if everything is in order".
I could see my wife with her hand over her mouth trying to stifle a laugh and you should have seen the look on his face.. He went ashen..:laugh2:
Even today all those years later he hasn't forgot that and knows exactly who'd put her up to it and we still have a laugh about it including my wife who still jokingly ribs him about it when she sees him.

?????????????:wtf:

Ermghoti

Reaction score

WrongThread2.jpg

SFK

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
So very sorry for your loss.

You gave him a lifetime of happiness. (as he gave to you I'm sure)

E1WOOD5150

Purveyor of Joke Grenades
Reaction score
Posts of this type usually bring a tear to my eye. It's because I know too well what you are going through. My condolences on the loss of your friend. They truly do leave their pawprints on our hearts, don't they?

Latest Threads