Worst Thanksgiving Ever! Lost a cherished pet

Grand Pappy

Reaction score
I had to put down Jake, my baby of 15.5 years @ 7PM Thanksgiving night.
He started getting sick Wed night. Finally @ 3 I took him into the emergency vet because i found spots of blood where he was dry heaving.
Exam, X-rays, blood tests and $650 later they really couldn't tell me what was wrong. They gave him an anti nausea shot and pumped him full of fluids and sent us home. He stopped throwing up but never really got any better.
We went to dinner @ 2 and I came home @ 4 hoping he would have improved, but he was worse. Not moving, just laying. Not responding to me. I noticed he was breathing shallow and fast, so I brought him back to the vet. They took him in the back area to examine him and when the vet came back, she said he was extremely ill and the wanted to do more tests, put him on oxygen and hospitalize him. They said even if thay did this he probably would not recover. I made the decision to put him down.
He was barely breathing when they brought him in to say good bye. He was unresponsive. The Tech said he was going fast and went to get he doc to admin the sleep injection. Then he was gone.
He's been w/ me for more then 1/4 of my life.
Love your pets every day while you can.
God speed little buddy!

Attachments

• P1010258.jpg
    P1010258.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 140

James R

Reaction score
aw man, I'm so sorry.
I wish there was more I could say or do.
Jake was a very handsome kitty, you gave him a good and loving home for his whole life.
Once again, I'm sorry.

WhiteEpiLP

Reaction score
Very sorry for your loss. I have 2 cats both approaching their teens and the thought of this is something im dreading myself.

Dun Ringill

Shall not be infringed
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss, especially on the holiday.

MooCheng

Reaction score
so sorry to hear your loss,
best comfort is knowing we gave them a happy contented life,
and they gave us so much joy in return

Grand Pappy

Reaction score
We also have Jake's litter mate, Trapper. He's been with poor Jake for his entire life.
They are both indoor cats.
They were only separated one night when Jake had an overnight vet stay 10 years ago.
He is just lost. He wanders around the house calling and looking for Jake. I feel for his loss. Animals grieve too.

RedSkwirrell

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss, Grand Pappy.
Pets have a way of sneaking close to us and becoming next to our hearts without us even noticing until they suddenly leave.
Glad that you kept his pleasure for so long.

{ 8-]

redcoats1976

Reaction score
its very tough to lose a pet and theres nothing i can say that will help.you gave him a great life and with any luck he will be waiting on the other side.if this pans out i will have a kennel full but i will be happy about it...

Kris Ford

Reaction score
Deepest sympathies in this tough time..been there.
Our lil buddy is up on the bar now, in a very beautiful box, so he's always with us.

parts

Reaction score
Sorry friend..

Just had to put our beloved Rambo to sleep a week ago..

13.5 years of great times..funny guy..and great friend..

hobbyman

Reaction score
I'm so sorry for your loss. He was a beautiful cat. I have a female cat that looks just like him. I can also relate to your loss. I lost one of my dogs on Thanksgiving morning last year, which is actually one year ago today. She was killed by a neighborhood Pit Bull who got a hold of her through the squares in my fence. Losing a pet on a holiday is the worst! I share your grief.

Neofelis Nebulosa

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your loss

He was a good looking kitty

Mine has the same love for the Gibson guitar case...
When I open mine, she appears out of nowhere to hop in,
and gloat as if she just caught a mouse

Latest Threads