Worst Police Chase....

wildhawk1

Reaction score
Well it is kinda like going for it on 4th and one. If it succeeds the coach is a hero, otherwise he is an idiot.

As long as no civilians got hurt in the crossfire, it was a win.

One and possibly two were killed. Not a win.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
Near the end, the last shot or two fired seems to come from the left at about 10:00. There are other police appear to be directly in his line of fire on the other side of the target,

Bytor1958

Reaction score
yep, I am just a talking head, which is why I asked the question I did (and it appears people are taking the comments before that as blame...). One of the first comments the guy in the video makes is about how many police are following him. In the video, there are multiple times the truck is pretty much alone on the road or only a few cars near that its passing. Wouldn't that be the time to use their numbers? As opposed to waiting until the guy felt cornered with multiple civilian cars around? You can't blame the police for reacting in the way they did, I was wondering what procedure is in a situation like that and/or they could have/should done something to avoid it?
It's not the fault of the police. No matter how you spin it.

Bill Hicklin

Reaction score
yep, I am just a talking head, which is why I asked the question I did (and it appears people are taking the comments before that as blame...). One of the first comments the guy in the video makes is about how many police are following him. In the video, there are multiple times the truck is pretty much alone on the road or only a few cars near that its passing. Wouldn't that be the time to use their numbers? As opposed to waiting until the guy felt cornered with multiple civilian cars around? You can't blame the police for reacting in the way they did, I was wondering what procedure is in a situation like that and/or they could have/should done something to avoid it?

Maybe Rob can answer that. As a layman, I'm kind of surprised they didn't move 2 or 3 squad cars in front and just slow him to a halt.

Rando375

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score

There'll be a ton of coverage on this -scrutinizing all the angles so time will tell.
Unfortunate? Absolutely.
Unavoidable? Too early to tell.

Reactions: MSB

MSB

Banned
Reaction score
It's not the fault of the police. No matter how you spin it.

i'm not spinning it anyways. I watched the video, have my opinions, asked a question expecting some of the law enforcement guys to shed some light. Please show/quote where I blamed the police?

Bytor1958

Reaction score
i'm not spinning it anyways. I watched the video, have my opinions, asked a question expecting some of the law enforcement guys to shed some light. Please show/quote where I blamed the police?
I didn't say you did. Just stating that the police have no control over this until the suspect stops. Where he stops or when.

Unfortunately the asshat that caused this is at fault.

Reactions: MSB

Oranjeaap

Reaction score
Well police at fault or not, they shouldn't get away with a simple "ups, my bad"

Ghostman

Reaction score
With modern technology, I'm perplexed that chases still even exist.

TheX

Mister Jim
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
This would have stopped them.

MQ-9_Reaper_UAV_(cropped).jpg

Latest Threads