Wolfetone's Whopping 25% Off Sale Until Further Notice

WolfeMacleod

V.I.P. Member
MLP Vendor
Reaction score
Due to the drastic downturn in sales caused by the closure of so many businesses and loss of work, Wolfetone is having a whopping 25% off sale until further notice.
Everything. No limit. Gotta keep those lights on!

We have several sets of 4-conductor Dr. Vintage pairs in stock in both black and zebra.

Use promo code "Covid25" on our website at www.wolfetone.com
sale post.JPG

We have new vintage style Butyrate bobbins that we can use for vintage style pickups as well.
butyrate humbuckers.jpg

Attachments

mflemmer2

Reaction score
Good luck with this, Wolfe. I can honestly say that I'm glad I recently bought the Marshallhead at regular price. Otherwise I'd feel guilty.

WolfeMacleod

V.I.P. Member
MLP Vendor
Reaction score
Suggestions for P90s for a ES-330? ('59 RI)
Mean & Meaner
or
Meaner & Meanest?

I'm guessing Mean & Meaner
I prefer the Mean and Meaner pairs, myself. However, there may be some issures with the 330. Maybe not. Have you got the plastic covers, or the metal dog ear covers? Reach out to me through email, or feel free to call tomorrow afternoon,. Number on the site.

Stinky Kitty

Premium Member
Reaction score
I may be interested in a set of humbucker sized, as close to the earliest P90 tone as possible, to load into an ES-335.

Ph03n1x

Reaction score
Looking at our dollar tanking and realizing 25% doesn't even get it to 1:1. :(

WolfeMacleod

V.I.P. Member
MLP Vendor
Reaction score
I may be interested in a set of humbucker sized, as close to the earliest P90 tone as possible, to load into an ES-335.
Unfortunately, if you want to do something under a humbucker-sized cover, you'll be looking at altering the coil geometry.... with 43awg wire, or a taller, fat coil like a Gibson P94. Altering the coil geometry alters the tone and character quite a bit.
Our P90 for humbucker routs isn't ready to go...and I won't compromise authentic P90 character by doing it under a humbucker-sized cover.

Last edited:

dsmcl77

Reaction score
Just ordered a pair of Mean and Meaner catered to my "need".

Wolfe need business guys, sales are down big time.

WolfeMacleod

V.I.P. Member
MLP Vendor
Reaction score
Just ordered a pair of Mean and Meaner catered to my "need".

Wolfe need business guys, sales are down big time.
This must be Stephane?

Not just for me, but for others as well. I spoke to Jon @ThroBak the other day, and sales have tanked for him as well. Surely, sales have or will be tanking across the board for a lot of people who do this sort of stuff until this blows over and normalcy has returned....amp builders, pedal builders, pickup makers.
Support your favorite builders!

dsmcl77

Reaction score
This must be Stephane?

Not just for me, but for others as well. I spoke to Jon @ThroBak the other day, and sales have tanked for him as well. Surely, sales have or will be tanking across the board for a lot of people who do this sort of stuff until this blows over and normalcy has returned....amp builders, pedal builders, pickup makers.
Support your favorite builders!
Indeed, I have been known by that name for 50 years now. :thumb:

You are right to straighten the point. And that shows how good a man you are.
Good time to be in the toilet paper or pasta manufacturing business. Bad time for the rest of us.

Deftone

Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger on a Meanest P90 soapbar for my ES-135. Hard to resist 25% off.

Deftone

Reaction score
Blisterbucker for my Strat project on the way. :yesway:

glenngross

Premium Member
Reaction score
Anybody used Dr. Vintages in a 335? Not sure how I feel about the MHSs.

mdubya

Reaction score
Anybody used Dr. Vintages in a 335? Not sure how I feel about the MHSs.
What year MHS?

I have MHS I in an ES LP which are bright and raunchy but can be tamed with tone and volume controls and record really well. And I have MHS II in my 2018 "59 RI ES 335. They are warm and sweet and clear, which I prefer, but they don't jump out at you in recordings.

The Wolfetones I have played were warm and even and clear, but with bite when you dig in. I have liked every set that I have played. They sounded more like the MHS II pickups. Probably better. But the MHS II pickups are nice IMHO.

The main thing I would do is tell Wolfe what you are looking for and he will steer you to that sound. IMHO. He is super helpful IME and knows his stuff.

Latest Threads